What's new

Compaq 1200 Laptop Died, Need Help Fixing (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
I have a C 1200 series that has served me well (and reuglarly takes a huge beating).

Im positive the power input jack is broken on it as when I wiggle it, the power lite will come off and on (but only momentarily).

Im going to replace this unit, but still want it fixed as it will work well for the wife and kids to check emails while moving around the home.

Can anybody fix this for me? Can you make some recommendations as to where to send it? I live in the middle of now where so there are no local places. If one of you can assist me Id be very happy to provide compensation (cash, paypal, or DVDs )

Please post your thoughts here.

Thanks

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Greg,

When you say the power input- do you mean at the computer itself or at the input box. I have seen several compaq units which have a power cable that comes from the wall to a power tranformer, then to the laptop... wondering if your bum connection is at the the compuet input or the tanformer...

-V

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Is the unit under warranty? If not, you should be able to open it up and re-solder the power jack. The solder joints probably loosened up so now you have an intermittent connection. I see this a lot with jacks on portable electronics, as they take lots of stress.

KJP

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
it is the connect where the power cord connects to the back of the laptop.

I dont want to spend the time (right now anyways) to pull it apart to look to see what is broken off.

More help??

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Gregg,

YOu could call 1-800-652-6672, they'll tell you where to send it.

Or, you could always just box it up and mail it to compaq, and attn it to repair and see what happens...

Compaq Computer Corporation

P.O. Box 692000

Houston, Texas 77269-2000

Most times, simple stuff like that they'll just fix for free and send it back to you.

-V

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Vince, Ive thought of that, but from my experience with other companies, it would probably be a 3-4 week turn around time. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks