What's new

Community - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
So, "it just didn't make sense for us to have another season [of Community] at that level of audience," but with regards to Hannibal: "We still struggle to find an audience for it. It's great, we're keeping it going..."

Not to say that Hannibal should be cancelled (that is the exact opposite of what I want), and there's the fact that NBC only owned a portion of Community (with Hannibal being internationally co-financed), but if you're going to tell us that it made no sense to keep Community because of low ratings, then why are you also talking about how "great" Hannibal is, despite its ratings? The logic seems to be off, here.

Can Greenblatt just admit that he doesn't like/doesn't understand Community?

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Question about Community.

I have heard a lot of great things about the show so thought I would start from Season 1. Trouble is I'm eight episodes in and I have to say I haven't particularly found it interesting or funny by and large apart from a couple of moments.

I just wondered if there is a particular episode that stands out in Season 1 or is the show pretty similar from hereon out and Im unlikely to enjoy it. Some of the comments I have read previously made it sound like it would be something I would like and Im surprised.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It took me maybe half the season to really get into the show. There wasn't one particular episode that I remember where I fell in love, it was more like that by watching week to week, I began to like the show and characters more and more until it became one of my favorites.

I'll echo JoshEH and say that the paintball season finale is a great one.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Modern Warfare (AKA the paintball episode) actually wasn't the finale, that was the one involving the transfer dance.

But the genius of the paintball episode generated more concept episodes, which soon became gimmicky and sort of a crutch, with only a couple exceptions (though the cast and crew no doubt had loads of fun making them).

When the episodes got back to simple character interaction, those proved to be much stronger moments in the series.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
Modern Warfare (AKA the paintball episode) actually wasn't the finale, that was the one involving the transfer dance.
Oh yeah. That's what happens when you haven't seen the episode in years. :)
joshEH said:
...it kinda helps to have seen several of the preceding buildup-episodes to get the full impact.
Absolutely. If you've never seen the show before, you could enjoy it or the paintball episode as fun episodes but they mean more and work better if you've seen the characters throughout the whole season.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Ok thanks, I have Season 1 in total now so I will probably keep going till I have finished it and see from there whether to bother with the rest.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I keep saying I want a proper send-off for the characters, but with damn near half of them gone, is that even possible now? It's one of those things where, while no one will say that Shirley's their favorite character, I do think the show will suffer somewhat because of her absence.

Any word yet on whether Glover might be coming back for an episode or two?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Paget Brewster and Keith David have been announced as the new additions to the main cast in Season Six:

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/community-paget-brewster-keith-david-011609986.html

Brewster will be playing a new role as Francesca "Frankie" Dart, a consultant hired to shape up the school. David will be playing Elroy Patashnik, a retired scientist who comes to Greendale to "reinvent himself."

While it is disappointing that the original cast of Community have been chipped-away at season by season, adding Brewster and David into the mix makes me very, very happy. Both have great range in both comedy and more serious roles. Plus, both have worked on the show in the past.

There is also something remarkably meta about one of the main actors from The Cape joining Community's sixth season. So as long as the writing is good, I think they can make a smooth transition into the series.

Shooting starts next week, on November 17th.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
If you watched Friends she played one of Chandler's more likable girlfriends. She also had a funny guest appearance on Two and a Half Men as a former ugly duckling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks