What's new

Community - Season 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The show is BACK. That was Paintball episode level excellence. We rewound every minute because we were laughing so hard.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
My wife and I were gasping for breath over Dean Pelton's orgasmic facial display as the City College Dean whispered a threat into his ear.

And Troy's line reading of "yeah, this is a sticker" was inexplicably hilarious. I mean, it was all in the delivery. And it killed. I've said it before, but I had pegged Glover to be squeezed out after watching the pilot, but I was disabused of that notion very quickly. I don't know anyone on TV that gets as many laughs from delivery alone like he does.

I laughed at the E Plurbis Anus flag every time I saw it.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

I laughed at the E Plurbis Anus flag every time I saw it.

Same here! And now they have to fly it forever. HA!

Oh and Dean Pelton's map gave me a good chuckle:

Abed: Here. Right next to the truck stop with three thumbs.
Pelton: Those aren't thumbs.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Such...glory...
(Click, bitches.) Let us all forever remember that this episode ended on a gliding shot into a pink anus.
If you're going to do product placement, you can do worse than S.A.N.D.E.R.S. and, "Enjoy your snickering...go ahead and pack yourself with peanuts [penis], and REEEAAALLLLY 'get satisfied'." Troy line's about, "There is a time and place for subtlety, and that was before Scary Movie" was gold.
Chang was SO well used last night. Only a couple of lines, both terrific. And the dean kinda stole the show: "IT WON. THIS WILL BE OUR FLAG."

Are they hinting/joking at starting a Britta/Troy pairing? I mean, they kinda nudged a bit that way with "Interpretive Dance"... Quote:

"How do you know it was our design? We submitted it anonymously. Whoops."

Once again, Donald Glover's delivery absolutely slays me.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They ought to bring Wilmer Valderrama over for an episode or two to continue his feud with Jim Rash from That '70s Show. Rash played Fenton there, and he's Pelton here, so Fez's snarl, "Fenton!" could be brought over almost intact.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

The show is BACK. That was Paintball episode level excellence. We rewound every minute because we were laughing so hard.

For me, it never left, but you do bring up another point -- I feel like "Modern Warfare" was so amazing as an episode, that we're forever doomed to compare all subsequent "theme" episodes to it, which will almost always fall short in our eyes.

Loved Abed looking up after waiting a few beats, when he realized that the space-camper was gone. Glover continues to own, grabbing the paddle and cord and calmly saying, "Yeah...let's kill her."

"Pierce, you're TALKING TO AN ATARI CARTRIDGE."

Also, I loved him trying to make a phone call after they got trapped, and Britta telling him that the voice he was hearing was a Wesley Snipes audiobook.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
"Well he sure hates the government"

I felt like the first three eps of the season were a series of body blows but no real knockout punch. Episode four was a series of headshots.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Rewatched this one again today. So many awesome lines and moments:

• The "City College Cosmic Pioneer" simulator (with a "CCCP" painted on the side).

• The "red" stain spreading across the city, ultimately engulfing both campuses, like in a 1950s anti-Commie propaganda film.

• The "Star Wars font"-styled type on the 1980-vintage simulator ad ("FUN"). Hilarious touch -- anyone who was alive back then can tell you that the those films' influences were everywhere.

• It probably wasn't, but...was that Vincent D'Onofrio at the very beginning of the episode (asking the questions at Dean Pelton's "briefing")? They sure got somebody who looked an awful lot like him.

• "Handle...there's gotta be a handle on the door." "You don't know that -- it was the '80s. Everybody who made this was on cocaine."

• "If you don't get back home with that simulator, City College wins, and Greendale becomes just another school on my resumé that nobody can call, BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EXIST!!!"

• "...Reroute to what??" (Followed immediately by Chang's wounded-ego deathglare.)

And finally, was I the only person who yelled, "LET'S GO, VOLTRON FORCE!!" during this episode?

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I may not have laughed as much in this latest episode but it was very, very good. It felt like a smartly done 30 minutes.

Looking forward to next weeks Halloween episode.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Big Bang Theory (which I enjoy) is a show about super-smart people.

Community is a show *for* super-smart people.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

Big Bang Theory (which I enjoy) is a show about super-smart people.

Community is a show *for* super-smart people.

Be that as it may, I still think you should give Community a chance.

(Sorry Aaron, but that was just too tempting to pass up. ;-)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
If they made a series just about Leonard and his Hipsters, I'd watch it. My favorite moment had to be just after Leonard took a swig from a bottle of Scotch and slammed it down in front of Pierce. He says, "Keep it, I got another one" and reaches behind him. The closeup of his old man backpack filled to the brim with liquor bottles just killed me.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll be in the minority, but I hated it. They went too far into the ridiculous. I think they're trying too hard to recapture the magic of Modern Warfare. Annie was totally frigging hot at the start, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks