What's new

Community - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Two episodes in and I'm still not digging this show. I'm gonna give it a couple more chances, but if I don't start enjoying it a lot more I think I'll be deleting it from my season pass.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I smiled at the first episode, but the second one was awesome!

"A pinata? You do know he was beaten to death?"

"That's where we got the idea!"

. . .

"And this is in a real damn paper. It's got Marmaduke!"

I'm not a LOL kind of person, but I was with this episode. And, I love Britta.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I love this show! Yesterdays episode had me LOL'ing quite a bit. Unfortunately it's on during Flash Forward and Fringe so I'm having to Hulu it.

"You, go host American Idol!"

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
"Hey, Troy sneezes like a girl!"
"And how about I pound you like a boy! That didn't come out right."

"Why are you dressed like an '80s rapist?"

Second week in a row that I howled over Community after a tepid The Office. Too bad the scene with the desk collapsing under the girl was in the promos -- it was still pretty funny, but I think I might have cried with laughter if I hadn't seen it before.

That end scene where the Accounting(!) professor exalts, "Day Seized!" and then proceeds to click his heels and climb a tree left my wife and I in fits.
I have to rewind a lot because we miss some of the lines as we're still laughing over the last gag. It's not quite Arrested Development, but it's still damn good.

Hey Gleeks, that was Principal Figgins as Abed's father. My two favorite new shows connecting like that. How touching.

I haven't laughed this much at Chevy Chase in years.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Great show so far. I knew a girl who sneezed just like that guy. It was cuter when she did it, though. Heh.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This episode was more funny than not (along with developing that whole "college being a place to experiment with following one's bliss in studies" idea), plus it was worth it just for the short crump bit at the end.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm still laughing at, "I can hear you through the window, morons." Anything happen after that, as that's where my DVR cut off?

This show is awesome. "Thanks for letting me rip on that dude some more!" Gillian Jacobs is my current fav on TV.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

I'm still laughing at, "I can hear you through the window, morons." Anything happen after that, as that's where my DVR cut off?
The black jock and the Arab Asperger guy and shocked, and the black jock shouts out "Pretend we're sleeping! Pretend we're sleeping!" and they both collapse backward into the couch.

Sorry, I'm really terrible with names.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks.

I don't knowthe characters' names on most of the new shows yet. On this one, I've got Jeff, Britta, Annie and Shirley.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They finally broke me down when Tattelina got Von to take off his shirt so she could make the hamster nipple gestures.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It was also funny when Pierce's spying netted him, "Britta's switching to green tea!" And the others say, "Ahh, that's nice. It's good for her skin."

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The Friends reference where Abed compares his relationship to Annie like Chandler and Phoebe was funny enough, but I lost it when he called her Chandler.

I didn't actually like this episode as much as the others, mostly because they spent too much time with Britta. She has no personality compared to the rest of the cast and I felt it was a mistake to make you feel bad for Jeff -- the way they filmed it, it appears Jeff is in love with Britta and is hurt by her liaison with the hacky-sacker. Jeff isn't supposed to be in love with anyone but himself. I only buy his courtship in the context that he's wants something he can't have, but it should never be confused with real feelings. And BTW, Annie is more attractive than Britta anyways.

They're going to have to give Britta a character trait infusion soon, because she's quickly becoming the least appealing member of the cast. Funny, I thought that would have been Troy, but he's actually doing a lot with the little they give him, especially those end credit sequences with Abed.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The beginning had a different pace and rhythm than the show usually has, which started making me think this was cobbled together from bits of an unaired pilot. The ending came back to what I was used to.

Kudos to the guy who plays Troy -- it would have been so easy to get lost in the background, but the way he delivered his rant about why Abed could not "get" him was hilarious in its delivery. In fact, the whole Troy & Abed chemistry is a huge part of what makes the show click.

Had I been drinking milk, it would have shot out of my nose when Chevy Chase was playing his cribbed jingle on the piano. When he yelled out, "AT THE PICNIC", I had to pause the DVR while I L'dMAO for five minutes. BTW, the lyrics for the school song were amusing in their absurdity.

I sort of expected Luis Guzman to make a cameo, but since he didn't and they unveiled an honest to goodness statue in his honor, this gets the official award for "Most Random Celeb Name Drop of the Week".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks