What's new

Directors Common Elements In Your Most Watched Films (1 Viewer)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
For me, my favorite and my most watched movies don't necessarily coincide. Sure, I'm not going to watch a movie I don't like over and over again, but there are some movies I can just throw in anytime. I wouldn't say these films are exactly my favorite (even though I do enjoy them greatly), but merely a film that I can watch in most any mood. If you are the same, then I urge you to reply with your most watched films and not your favorites.

I know, "thanks for the tasty little ride into your obviously askew mental state, but what's the fucking point?"

Last night I put in Se7en to watch when I went to bed. I often like to drift off to sleep with a movie playing in the background. I found it a bit funny, that the previous night I had put in The Shawshank Redemption. Both feature Mr. Morgan Freeman. And of course, Se7en also features Brad Pitt who is in another favorite bedtime film: Fight Club. Then I realized just how many times I've watched these films. Especially the difference in the amount of times to other films that I consider to be "better." So this led me to take a look at my collection, and find out what were my most watched movies.

I went through and picked out the top ten. Now this list isn't all time, but merely what I've found myself watching the most for the last three years or so.

Here's what I found:

================================================== =========

-Although almost every film features moments of comedy (or at least a funny part that resonates with me), only one film would be classified as such. And although almost every film features some kind of grisly/graphic violence, only one would classified as horror

-Although a couple films approach my top ten favorite, again only one makes the grade. (However, two of the other nine I think of highly enough I might put them in there depending on mood)

-All but one film comes from the 90's

-Kevin Spacey & Morgan Freeman appear in three

-Three films won the Oscar for Best Picture & three others were nominated for Best Picture

-Every film is rated R

-Each film features the death of a prominent character (although this could be a bit of a stretch depending on an individual's view)

-Although The Princess Bride would make my all time list, it did not make this list

================================================== =========

Just in case anyone cares to guess, I'll spoiler the ones I did not mention.

Se7en
Fight Club
Shawshank Redemption
Unforgiven
The Thing
The Silence of the Lambs
The Big Lebowski
A Few Good Men
L.A. Confidential
American Beauty

Had I included all time movies, the following five would have knocked out five from my other list for sure.

The Princess Bride
Labyrinth
Jaws
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Star Wars Trilogy

So after all this, do you fall into the same boat with differently watched films from your favorites? If so, are there any common themes?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Surprisingly, only a few of those films have boobs. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks