What's new

Committed ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Tom Poston is a clown who lives in a closet.
quirky guy dates quirky girl.

on the first date she brings a friend along.

he suggests that maybe he shouldnt be there, this is their first date after all.
they tell him he has to leave them alone.
trouble is,
he just happens to be in a wheelchair.

i liked this show.
lots of potential for politicaly incorrect humor.
i hope it uses the opportunity.

doesnt appear to be the typical sitcom.
i hope it lasts for an entire season.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I liked it too. The critics have savaged it, so I wasn't prepared for much. Jennifer Finnigan's character is totally the type of girl I tend to fall for! I'll keep watching.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I laughed, mainly at the humor from the Afro-American characters on the show. The wheelchair got me rolling (no pun intended).

The main leads are neurotic as hell, almost too much so, but at least it's not too bland or vanilla yet.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Hey guys, I think I saw in the tv guide it's going to be on again tonight. I'll check it out,sounds like it's funny.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/6/05 - The Return of the Todd Episode

I can't help it, I laughed my butt off at most of this episode, especially the last 10 minutes. The Nanny-cam footage of Nate and Todd was frikkin' hilarious. And then the maiden voyage of the new ramp in front of Nate's store just capped it off.

Marni is just a little too optimistic (the perky voice gets a little grating at times, but Jennifer Finnigan is cute as hell).

How did they get Newhart to make an appearance?

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

Also the part were Nate finally gets fed up at the basketball game.

I was rolling off the couch during those 2 scenes.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed the humor, and Jennifer Finnigan is attractive. But only time will tell if that affected "Goooood ship, wowwy-POP!!" voice she's using is either dropped or gets less annoying.
We know it's not her natural voice from her role on 'Crossing Jordan.'

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the second show was funny as the first.
i loved it when he smacked the ball out of todd hand.

cant wait for more eps of this show.

i hope that more characters appear too.
i remember the bob newhart show were he owned the inn, poston was on that show as a looney caretaker or something.

that show had so many nutty characters is was just brilliant.

committed reminds me of that alittle.
i hope it proves to be as good as newhart.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Another funny episode last night. i don't know why the reviews are bad. I don't see Commited as a Seinfeld- or Arrested Development-clone.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I liked it. Hope it survives. It will nice when they expand on the main female lead's friend's character a bit. In the preview spots, they had her making some crack about taking oxygen shots off of the clow's air tank ... so it's coming.

RickGr

Second Unit
I have mixed feelings about this show. The tattoo skit was funny but I really do not like the male lead. It seems he is forcing it way too much and comes across as a real a-hole

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There was a so-so subplot with Marni's dad who abandoned her and her family at a young age, but showed up at her usual coffee spot. Later Marni ditches her father, but Nate finds out while Marni's doing the ditching, he's also doing the ditching at the same time.

Then Marni gave the nanny the keys to Nate's shop to give to Bowie who was opening up that morning after Nate and Marni hooked up at her place the night before. When the nanny saw Bowie across the street, she proceeded to throw the keys in Bowie's direction, but the keys ended up in a cab that was driving in the street that separated the nanny and Bowie. Then, it was a chase to find the keys in a cabbie.

During their night together, Nate encountered the clown during the night as he went to relieve himself or get something to drink. The clown ripped off his pants to expose some crazy glow-in-the-dark boxers to prove what a sorry sense of humor Jews had.

Strange episode.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Based on the episode numberings at TV Tome, it would appear that the production order was as follows:

1) Pilot - Aired 1st
2) The Burger Episode - Not yet aired
3) The Apartment Episode - Aired 3rd
4) The Return of Todd Episode - Aired 2nd
5) The Morning After - Aired 5th
6) The Tea Episode - Aired 4th
7) The Birthday Episode (scheduled to air 6th)

Regards,

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Fox did this with Andy Richter and Arrested Development too. (I still don't think we saw all the episodes for Andy Richter that were shot).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
2/1/05

I have to give this show props for going for the physical comedy bits in Marni and Nate's fight over all the stuff he told her friend (who Nate mistakenly though was a real licensed therapist).

Bringing on all the old circus cronies gives me that Carnivale "light" vibe.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
One of Dishnetwork's HDTV channels was showing episodes, including some that weren't broadcast on the network.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thats isnt a dishnetwork channel it is also on some cable systems and directv.
it's called HDNET.
it is airing all andy richter shows, including the ones that never aired on network tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks