What's new

Commercials that just irritate you.... (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
There was a very recent ad that got some news attention earlier this week that revolved around a contest that will be decided in a few days that I felt was pretty over the top. That's all I'll say. PM me I guess if you need more detail.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
There's a new Thanksgiving-themed commercial from Wal-Mart that's in heavy rotation right now.

It shows a bunch of different people each carrying a unique chair in different environments (urban, country, suburban, farm, etc.). They all wind up at an incredibly long table in a field to sit down together for a turkey dinner.

At first, you are intrigued about "why" this is happening...but the payoff doesn't make any sense. Why did they end up at a table, in the middle of a huge field, without any vehicles or side tables or any kind of supporting elements? And what does any of it have to do with WalMart? :D :rolleyes:
If you build it, they will come?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I actually really dug this commercial the first couple hundred times I saw it:

But I swear, it's played during every single commercial break on every single channel for the last month and a half.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The holiday commercials from Honda. Do they even realize that "Holiday Road" is not a Chrismas song?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Anything with "Flo", the Statue of Liberty in the background, some lame "General" running around or that silly gecko.

Worst of all those horrible "cash now" things trying to suck people into selling their annuities, probably for pennies on the dollar. What's worse is just thinking there must be a lot of people with annuities if they can afford to constantly run those commercials.

Thank goodness for the FF button or I'd go insane :P

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The iPad Pro commercial with that stupid girl who claims she doesn't know what a "computer" is.

Last edited:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I'm sure someone has to have mentioned it, but the two idiots on the Sonic commercials drive me batty!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The iPad Pro commercial with that stupid girl who claims she doesn't know what a "computer" is.
I watched that commercial several times today while watching my NFL Sunday Ticket and I thought it was a good commercial for what they're trying to sell while targeting parents as well as children to buy that device.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Not a specific commercial, but a type or class. The local new car auto dealer. So many of them have owners who's ego is so great they do their own commercial and don't hire professional talent (of which they have none).

It's worse when they try to be funny, they are so bad. There's one now who's running a commercial of "funny outtakes". I'm so grateful for my DVR.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters

Great message. "Even controlled fires in a forest are a no no!" Teach fire safety, not fear of fire.

So, in other words, I take it the people who made this commercial are seemingly against campfires in general-- is that it?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The Slingers have to rank in the top ten for worst, stupid, and irritating commercials of all time. They are fingers on a chalkboard for me.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The Visa commercials touting how easy it is to just tap. Someone explain just why I'd want something that's so easy to use accidentally? Those commercials certainly don't make the product/process enticing.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
The ones I hate are usually Regional radio commercials because they are repeated over and over again.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
The Hilton.com commercials with that really annoying actress. She just gets on my nerves.

This is just one of them.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
The Lincoln (i think) car commercial with the opera singer doing a falsetto, meant to convey elegance. This started airing sometime in November and I see it multiple times a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks