What's new

Commercials that just irritate you.... (2 Viewers)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Nivea commercials with all the old hags claiming that they don't look their age because they use the product.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DaveF
The current NYS ad telling you that a lotto ticket is a great mothers' day present.
Aaaaack! I haven't seen a TV version.

But there's a :60 radio version (which seems like an hour) of a young girl whining a million different child's phrases that drive a parent crazy. I honestly thought it was going to be a "Latter Day Saints" commercial about the need to give a kid some love.

Nope. The tag line was about buying Mom a lottery ticket.

The NYS Lottery usually has some pretty clever spots. But this one was completely annoying and incomprehensible.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
The Chase Bank commercial.

Specifically the one with the race car driver.

Specifically the woman at the end who looks down at the tread marks as if they were the most disgusting thing she's ever seen and makes a ridiculously wide step over one with the most ridiculous shoes I've ever seen (that aren't worn by Lady Gaga).

There are three or four of these commercials but this is the one I see over and over and over...

Red Rider

Auditioning
Real Name
Ted Emery
The Greenlight Financial Commercial, am I the only one who noticed that the jingle and the Phone No. don't match?? The jingle gives an extra 6. Man, after declaring it a "2 billion dollar jingle" it scares me to think that they are that unconscious with numbers .......Doing any financial business with them, frightens the hell out of me.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Y-you don't mess with Carly. You just don't. Trying to contain my rage face NO IT'S OUT. :f
Though, FauxCarly is kind of cute. In a way.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been negligent in posting this.

But I cannot stand/understand those Jackie Chan V-8 commercials with the cheap "kung fu"-type sound effects. I am still trying to determine the connection between any of the elements of the commercial!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's been awhile since a commercial has filled me with so much searing rage that I want to put my fist through a plate glass window but the new NIKE ad where the annoyingly peppy girl is jogging across the country singing "I love you so much that I will run to you." while her boyfriend is in the hospital makes me want to beat the hell out of both of them, mainly the girl, though lol.
Here it is, ugh...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Looks like I'm alone on that. :laugh:
On another note, if anyone in my waking life ever says the following words to me... "Sooo 29 seconds ago!" I'm going to hit them very very hard in the face.
Has media sharing gotten so fast that something that just happened 29 seconds ago is no longer news to some of these pretentious douche bags?? Ugh!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That complaint is sooo 45 seconds ago, John...

In the meantime, I'll bet this commercial looked like a sure-fire winner on paper. But the fact that you've got to use subtitles should've been a clue that it would just annoy the crap out of people:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well at least I know others hate that as much as I do lol.
And yes, that mother's day commercial should burn in hell as well, when it comes on I just mute the sound on my system and look away until it's over.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There was an early, early episode of Family Ties where Mallory was delivering dialog while crying, and it really exposed her weaknesses as an actress (at that point in her career). I felt embarrassed for her. Then, later on, there was a clip show, and they included that scene. I bet she wanted to kill somebody.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /t/230022/commercials-that-just-irritate-you/540#post_3922491

In the meantime, I'll bet this commercial looked like a sure-fire winner on paper. But the fact that you've got to use subtitles should've been a clue that it would just annoy the crap out of people:

I just saw a NEW version of this same commercial. Much less blubbering, much more intelligible, no subtitles. Much better commercial.

Not great...but better.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Not really feeling the love for the opening scene in Zooey Deschanel's Apple commercial.
"Is that rain?" and then she walks to the window and sees that it is raining. Really. You just couldn't look outside.
- Walter.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I agree about the Blubbering Verizon ad. I see how the idea got pitched, but sooo annoying!

Also: Family Sing-along "Crazy Train" ad for VW. Cute the first time, but it's overstayed its welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks