What's new

Commercials for Checkers that need banning (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I don't "Gotta Eat", I gotta PUKE.
This commercials actually rile me to the point I want to take a baseball bat to the participants.
I sent them a letter of complaint, but the only company that ever responded to one of those was Welches (the annoying syrupy kids) and they gave me free juice ;) (I must not have been the only one, the commercials vanished shortly thereafter)

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
You know what?

YOU GOTTA PUKE!

I think you've got their new marketing slogan there. And damn, I want to crack that stupid dog in the head too. What is it about Checkers that drives people to violence?

I agree, this is definitely one of the most annoying commercials on TV.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
In Ohio, the same slogan is used for a chain called "Rally's". In fact I saw the commercial just moments before I read you post...

-V

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
At first, I was wondering why people were so riled up at simple boardgame -- and what it had to do with eating and puking. :)
No, I've never heard of Checkers the restaurant.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I sent them a letter of complaint, but the only company that ever responded to one of those was Welches (the annoying syrupy kids) and they gave me free juice (I must not have been the only one, the commercials vanished shortly thereafter)
How very interesting. I've never known anyone who felt so strongly about an ad campaign, as to write a letter.
I have Replay, so I don't see many commercials.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Todd

Stephen L

Second Unit
Wow Checkers has made its way north to PA. Jeff? For those who don't know Checkers is a double drive-thru fastfood joint. There based out of Tampa Florida and mainly located in the SE part of the country. They also own roughly 400 Rally's.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Ummm, it's hard to describe, a lot of fast cutting, very annoying, tons of homeboys acting like morons, stupid dog licking a fisheye lens,ummm. The imagery, the bass beat, oh it's maddening!
The song goes something like this
"You gotta Eat"
"Know whatchoo doin?"
"You gotta Eat EAT EAT EAT EAT"
"It's in your eyes"
"It's no suprise"
"That you're hungry...For Checkers"
"You gotta EAT!"
http://www.checkers.com
Yeah, I gotta EAT, somewhere ELSE!

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Those commercials (Rallys around here) are clearly aimed at the MTV generation.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Ah yes, I knew this was for Rally's....I'd also like to take a bat the their commercials. GOD THEY SUCK! ahhh!!...drives my roommate and me up the wall!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I AM part of the MTV generation :) People always say "When you were that age you would have liked it". Funny, when I was that age I thought that stuff was stupid too :)

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I complained about a Rally's campaign a several years ago. It was when the Big Buford was first introduced. There was a girl in a convertible wearing very little, eating a Big Buford and getting mayonaise all over herself--not ketchup, mustard, or any of the other ingredients, just the mayo. While the video was very suggestive, the script was even moreso. I don't remember anything about what was said, other than that it bordered on obscene.

All the local channels were running the add, and one in particular would air it during every commercial break during the 5:30-6:30 news. I called the station manager of each of the local stations, stating that I didn't feel it should run at times when kids could view it, and two of them instantly pulled the ads--one entirely, while the other would only show it after 11:30 pm. One tried to tell me that it was the company's fault, so I should call them, and the other told me to go to hell the first time I called (channel 45, WRGT, the local Fox affiliate). Not only did I call back, but I got 20-30 friends and coworkers to call. This channel not only showed the commercial during dinner time, but also during the after-school cartoon time slot. In less than two weeks, they pulled the commercial entirely. The only station that refused to pull it, or air it during a more appropriate time slot was the local CBS affiliate, WHIO channel 7.

In addition to the TV stations, I called Rally's, as the one station manager had suggested. They actually had a special hotline set up to deal with complaints about the ad campaign! The lady instantly started talking down to me, and assumed I was a senior citizen (she later told me that nearly all the complaint calls were from seniors). When I told her I was 25, she was quite literally stunned, and finally pointed out that I was in the "target age bracket." I told her that until the commercial was pulled, I wouldn't patronize Rally's (I neglected to inform her that, since working there 9 years earlier and seeing their policies on cleanliness, dropped food, and all manner of disgusting practices first hand, I hadn't eaten there since). I also told her that I'd be recommending to all my friends, family and coworkers that they avoid Rally's as well. She thanked me for my comments, and asked that I reconsider. A few days later, I received 10 coupons for the free item of my choice in the mail, which I eventually did use.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks