Comments on the Donation Drive

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
...I am having to work my regular job and haven't been able to set up a PO Box yet but will on Monday if I am able to.
Not this Monday Parker, at least not if you want a genuine USPS Postal Box.
Ronbo & I and the rest of the crew are going to commemorate Labor Day by not doin' a damn thing.

Fredrik E

Stunt Coordinator
Quote:
"We are going to purchase a HUGE server from DELL that will be state-of-the-art"
Why not build your own ? It may be cheaper !

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
Those Dell servers look awesome. What kind of specs do you think will be necessary to run this site. Will it need lots of harddrive space for all of the archives etc?
I guess a $5000 dollar server sounds about right, anyways it would be much more sensible to not over buy right now as future upgrades will obviously be a lot less expensive.
Aaron

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Donation made...I can't imagine this forum going away - it really is like a community.
To paraphrase Kasper Gutman "If you lose a son it's possible to get another, but there is only one HTF!"
Cheers

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Ron And Parker!,,
Glad you guys decided to get help from the Forum membership.
The new Dell server should be an excellent upgrade for the Forum.
Keep up the good work.
You guys have my support.
Donation made

------------------
Trevor..

My HomeTheater S.E. Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Just made my donation. Just the fact that the HTF is the home of the most intelligent Buffy discussion thread on the entire internet was worth it. Not to mention all the other forums I regularly post in.
JQ

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
My Paypal is complete. I just got a new Dell too

So, have your Dell get with my Dell and we will do lunch...

PS-I urge and CHALLENGE ANYONE that has not already done so, to make a donation to our great forum. I figure, if everyone put up the price of ONE new dvd, then were well on our way

------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
As of this am we are at $2,500 in donations. You guys are great. We should be able to pick up a new server in no time.
Parker

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Just sent my donation.
I owe Ron at least how much I sent, considering how much trouble I've caused him over the LA meet (e.g., never signing up on time!) over the past few months...

Not to mention how invaluable a resource the HTF is!
Thanks, guys!

Clark Rozier

Agent
Hey guys,
Just did the donation thing.
I really think that it is time for people to understand the value of these forums. The era of FREE is coming to an end and forums, such as this one, provide incredible value.
Good luck HTF
Clark

Andy_S

Second Unit
Holy Smokes Wayne, you're making us $10 guys look bad!
------------------
Check out my home-built mame cabinet here!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Everyone's contribution is very very helpful and amounts given all add up to the same goal and that is for us to buy one of the best servers we can.
Ron and I cannot believe the turn out for this drive as we are now close to $3,000. We will be ordering the server in the next couple of weeks and will let everyone know what we are getting.
Parker

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
HTF needs money???
Labor day weekend???
Labor day Telethon???
Don't forget the other fund raising going on this weekend! Jerry still needs donations, too, for the kids.
Maybe we can all become "Ron and Packy's Kids"!
------------------
Randy Tennison
Kansas City, MO
Home theater photos located at
http://home.kc.rr.com/thetennisons/

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
I put in $25 this morning. This site has been an invaluable resource for everything home theater-related. I'd much rather see my money keep this site going than spend the same on a magazine subscription. The quality and timeliness of the information here is much better.
------------------
- - -- - -
Colin Dunn

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I can't to get paid, so I can send in my donation. On a side note, if you can't get the Vbulletin software, i.e. if you can't migrate to Vbulletin, at least consider upgrading to the latest version of UBB. Let us know how things are going. And I am so excited to see this drive, and while I have never had any speed problems with the forum, I am ecited about the new software. I just hope it comes soon.
Thanks for all the great work guys!!!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightRacerKL