Comments On Plasma Moniters

Discussion in 'Displays' started by BobbyMars, Jan 24, 2005.

1. BobbyMars

BobbyMars Auditioning

Anyone have any of these?

LG 50" Plasma HDTV Monitor (RU50PZ61)

Samsung 50" Plasma HDTV Monitor (HP-P5071)

Hitachi 55" Plasma HDTV Monitor (55HDM71)

Pioneer PDP-504CMX

Hitachi CMP5000WXU

LG Electronics MU-60PZ10B

Philips 50FD9955

2. BobbyMars

BobbyMars Auditioning

Come on guys....you have heard of plasma......right?

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Yeah, I've heard of plasma. They're WAY overpriced for the screen size. I thought you were going to buy a projector?

4. John S

John S Producer

I like the technology... I don't own the technology though. My favorites tend to be Pannasonic though. They always seem to have the best color / black level performance over others to me.

5. BobbyMars

BobbyMars Auditioning

"I thought you were going to buy a projector? "

I thought about it for a brief time but desided they are too expensive and I dont have the room (16 x 15) nor the ability to darken the room enough for the projector picture to look good. I spoke to my AV man, high end and extreamly into detailes yesterday regarding plasma. He said he did not have a plasma in my price range ($4,000) but suggested the projector route...($12,000)..I don't think so. He also aggreed that I don't have the room for it nor the correct lighting.

6. Tim Fennell

Tim Fennell Stunt Coordinator

When salespeople do that sort of thing, it sometimes is best to just leave. I would think before suggesting a projector he would ask what the room was like you were going to put it in. Obviously a projector needs special room conditions - moreso than a plama

I just went to a place that I've dealt with for 20 years. I went specifically to look at one of the new Sharp Aquos lcd sets. He advised me to come back this summer. Said more manufacturer choices in the larger ( 37 and 45 ) lcds would be available and prices should be better.

7. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Read AVS:
    avsforum.com

All the models you're asking about are discussed AT LENGTH there.

8. PeterMano

PeterMano Stunt Coordinator

You don't have to spend anywhere near $12000 to get a great front projector. That's just ridiculous. There are a ton of choices for 720p between 2k to 6k.

9. BobbyMars

BobbyMars Auditioning

"All the models you're asking about are discussed AT LENGTH there. "

I have the same post already over THERE.

10. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Bobby,

Did you try a search over there? 99% of the time posts like "tell me which to buy from thsi list" as ignored by the majority of posters. However if you start searching you can usually find many threads with pros/cons allowing you to do your own research.

At least in my experience. YMMV.

11. BobbyMars

BobbyMars Auditioning

"Did you try a search over there? 99% of the time posts like "tell me which to buy from thsi list" as ignored by the majority of posters. However if you start searching you can usually find many threads with pros/cons allowing you to do your own research."

I have not had the time to spend in front of the computer to do a complete search of the units that I would consider. Sometimes I find that members will post their thoughts and suggestions....like Voom threads....and then I can concentrate and research those suggestions for myself.