Comments on low cost system please

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_ON, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Steve_ON

Steve_ON Auditioning

A general question on a new Apex HT100 all in one lash up that I saw at Fry's the other day.

This is pretty low end stuff, but might be fine for setting up a simple system.

Fry's had it on sale for

2. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

I have not heard this particular setup, but you get what you pay for. IMO someone would be better off just getting a nice DVD player for their TV and saving up for a better surround sound system. You can get a very nice system for under $1000 or much less if you are willing to purchase through the internet and/or buy used equipment. If a person wants a surround sound system and doesn't care what they get and probably won't appreciate anything better then this will probably be enough for them. All this IMO of course.

3. Rich Kraus

Rich Kraus Stunt Coordinator

save money or go into debt.

this is kind of an expensive hobby (not as bad as car racing or other such nonsence, but still...) and there are limits as to how cheap one can go.

save money or go into debt.

say you buy a sub 250 dollar rig now. how long you really think your going to be satisfied staying on the bottom rung? whose going to buy it from you used?(trust me this is a valid question no matter what point in the hobby you are.) buying a HTB, especially a cheap one is basically just tossing away a good down payment on some better gear.

i believe they make that stuff for the uninformed. you however are here reading these forums, so its already too late.