Comments on Axiom VP150 CC?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Ebling, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Tim Ebling

Tim Ebling Extra

I have a fairly old budget JBL speaker setup for my HT, and it's come time to upgrade.

Because of the favorable reviews on this site and others about the Axiom speakers, and because the WAF is favorable to this line over others (she hates the appearance of the Divas unfortunately), I'm thinking of the following system:

Axiom M22ti

Axiom VP150

Move current JBL mains to surround duty

Use existing sub (Audiosource powered 10")

Eventually I'll probably replace the surrounds and sub, but that will have to wait.

Everything I've heard about the M22's has been wonderful, but I'm not as confident when it comes to the VP150. Given that the CC is the real workhorse of a home theater, and given the VP150's unique design (TMMMT), and lack of detailed reviews, I'm wavering a bit. I'm also a tad concerned that the 5.25" drivers won't provide decent enough low end compared to other full frequency centers.

If some of you who own this speaker could help me out with your opinions, I would be very grateful!

TIA

-tim

2. JohnRuggiero

JohnRuggiero Agent

I have the Axiom V-150 and I feel it is wonderful for both

music and movies. The clarity and bass is fantastic and you can reall crank it up without any distortion. the female vocals will make you cry it is so great. I also have the M80ti and QS-8's for surrounds and I could not

be happier especially considering the cost. John R

3. KevinGS

KevinGS Stunt Coordinator

I have the same speakers as John but my VP150 is the first edition MTMTM.

I certainly don't find any problems with this speaker, it does its' job very well just like the rest of the Axiom lineup.

4. Tim Ebling

Tim Ebling Extra

Thanks for the comments guys!

I went ahead and ordered the VP150SE and pair of M22tiSE this morning from Axiom. I'm getting factory blemish speakers, because the savings is quite good, and the blems are usually very minor from what I understand.

Total was $600US for all three speakers - if they are as good as people around here have made them out to be then this is an incredible bargain!

I'll post my comments once they've had some break-in time.