What's new

Commentary track on "Elizabeth" DVD - anyone heard it? (1 Viewer)

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering what type of commentary is given. Anecdotes of the making of the movie? Details on the historicity of certain scenes? Details on the setting up of certain shots?

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Actually the commentary is a mix of all. The director even goes so far as to make no apologies over his "Godfather" style killing of Elizabeth's rivals at the end of the film.

Sam_K

Stunt Coordinator
It was quite a while since I last heard the commentary. I remember that the director was quite talkative and talked a lot about how the scenes were setup and how he tried to be as authentic historically as possible. I didn't have time to finish the whole commentary, however, I was impressed.

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
I listened to this commentary more than 2 years ago, however I remember it was very interesting.

To this day, it still stand as one of the best DVD commentary I've listened to (and I've listened to many commentaries)

He talks about lot of subjects, but mainly the making of the film (for example how he choose to put the camera in "conspirator" spots: outside windows, in high places,...) and offers quite a bit of historical facts...

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks