What's new

Commentary on The Goonies (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I finally watched/listened to the commentary from The Goonies DVD and I have to say, this is one of the best commentaries I have ever heard. Everyone seemed to have a good time and had a blast telling stories about the production. The video segments were also very good and were better produced than the Kevin Smith commentaries. It was great seeing all of the Goonies back together and you had to love the ribbing they gave Sean Astin. I also got a kick out of Corey Feldman saying the "It's Lord of the Rings time" during Sean's speech in the wishing well. :)
The only question I had is "Where the hell did Sean Astin go?" Did he get pissed off or something or did he have someplace to be?
If you haven't checked out the commentary yet for The Goonies, it is highly recommended.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Greetings and Salutations
As soon as I saw the heading I knew this question was going to be asked
I did get the impression that he got pissed, He kept trying to speak and could never get a word in
I am not 100% if that is the reason, Just my thoughts.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
A very good commentary indeed, this type of commemtary is not done nearly enough IMO!
BTW, Ricky f, I love you man, but what is with the Greetings and Salutations thing at the start of your posts? For a second, I thought Keanu Reeves had joined the forum!
wink.gif

------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!
[Edited last by John Williamson on October 22, 2001 at 07:47 PM]

Fun Fact:
Some time last spring I went to the Skyy Vodka Short Film Awards at the Egyptian in Hollywood. The event was hosted by Joe Pantoliano himself and one of the presenters was none other than Sean Astin.
Naturally, Astin brought up their past work together, but he also said that that very afternoon he had taken part in the Goonies commentary with the cast and director Donner for the upcoming DVD release. He made no reference to leaving midway through and I don't know if this is the reason, but at least we know one of the things he did after he left the session.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Greetings and Salutations
laugh.gif
John
Dude those were most excellent comments.
Only joking buddy, Greetings and Salutations is from the movie HEATHERS. I just think it is a nice way to say "Hi" to someone.
Regards,
Keanu I mean Ricky

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks