What's new

Commandos 2 for consoles (1 Viewer)

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys...I've been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to take the plunge and post.

Anyways, onto the question. Has anyone here played Commandos 2: Men of Courage for the PC? It's coming out for the box and the PS2 this month I think and, while the concept is appealing to me (reviews of the PC game are generally positive), I'm wondering how the controls would convert to a gamepad. Anyone with PC experience care to comment?

James Zos

Supporting Actor
The controls for the PC version and the console are completely different. The PC uses a point and click system. Click on the ground and watch your charachter move there. On consoles, they've opted for real time control, so you move your charachter each step of the way by pushing on a d-pad or joystick. Personally, I think I prefer the real time method, on PC or console.

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
Commandos 2: Men of Courage was just released (for the xbox), and I got myself a copy. I love it. Then again, I love any game that requires brains. The detail is quite amazing, and the fact that you don't use point & click any more is quite a relief. But, if you think it makes the mission(s) easier, better think again. The only complaint I have is the graphic detail when you zoom. Not the best, but I hardly zoom.
I remembered I finished part 1 on the PC a few years ago. Wish me luck on part 2 :)

JamesL

Agent
Anthony - do you happen to know if the game is 480P compatible like 99% of the xbox games?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks