Commander-in-Chief

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Katherine_K, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Katherine_K

Katherine_K Second Unit

TSoD as always does great work, and brings us this story about the first season of http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5561 . My reaction after "yay" was "man that's one fugly set of dvd box art."

I hope someone at the studeo realizes that, it says it's a mockup after all...

2. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

It sure is fugly, but the article states the art is only a mock-up, so it's sure to change. One thing that will most likely change is the "Season One" label. It will probably end up reading "The Complete Series", since the show will likely not be renewed for another season.

3. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

4. Katherine_K

Katherine_K Second Unit

That's part of what I was wondering. It looks like bad fan art. I'm not overwelmingly pleased with either the Gray's Anatomy, or Desperate House Wives sets either...

The cheesy edition names are pretty bad as well. This could have been done more professionally, if they didn't have final art ready, they shouldn't have released this. If this is close to the final art.... they should change their minds.

5. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

I think they release the temp art so the e-tailers have something to display on their sites when they post the titles for pre-order. In the case of the titles mentioned, I hope none of them are even close to their final versions. They all suck. CiC looks like the cover of a cheap political thriller paperback.

6. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

Good, I will finally get to watch other episodes in the series. I have only seen the first two or three.

7. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'm really hoping ABC allows the series to have a second season. It's a really great show (particularly as originally conceived). Maybe the DVD set and some regularity with new episodes will strengthen it in season 2.

8. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I agree about the boxart.... and also hope the show continues. I have watched the show from the beginning and in my opinion atleast... it started out a little slow... but has really grown on me. Hopefully we will be getting a second season... but as Matt said... it isn't likelu to be renewed.

Matt... your cover looks great! I especially like the one on the right... the one without the flag across the top. In my opinion... that flag is just a bit to bright for the rest of the cover... atleast for my taste. [​IMG]

9. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    Anyone know if there will be subtitles?

10. Eve Brown

Eve Brown Stunt Coordinator

Nice covers Matt beats the official one so far

I enjoy the show and have seen most of the episodes. I think since the behind the scenes issues things are done then the show should be given another chance. Plus didn't Davis get a golden globe for the show.

11. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

Yes, Davis won the Golden Globe this year for CiC.

While the ratings have bombed in more recent airings, it still is second only to Boston Legal as having the largest upscale viewership on the network, so that alone should keep it somewhat safer for a second season.

12. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Looks like they're going to have to change the box from Season One to The Complete Series after all:

http://upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?St...2-073554-9648r

Although the article doesn't specifically use the term "cancelled," it does say ABC will "pull" the show for the rest of May, and "probably air the final three episodes sometime during the summer."

With all the behind-the-scenes problems, inconsistent airings, and the loss of half its audience, it seems very doubtful the show will return for another season.

13. Alex Wagner

Alex Wagner Stunt Coordinator

well according to ultimatedisney.com
    they are breaking the season up into two parts

"With the recently-announced cancellation of ABC's hour-long presidential series "Commander in Chief", Buena Vista Home Entertainment has retooled the show's planned Complete Series DVD release. Now, instead of arriving in a four-disc, $39.99 list-priced set on October 3rd, the Geena Davis drama will come in two separate two-disc sets, each carrying a $29.99 SRP. The first, Part 1, will reach stores on June 27th, just two weeks after the series finale airs, holding the first ten episodes, audio commentaries, deleted scenes, and a one-on-one interview with Davis. The second set, Part 2, will be out on October 3rd and hold episodes 11-18 along with more one-on-one with Davis, bloopers, and additional extras to be announced."