coming to Virginia!! need some advice.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Johnny Jr., Aug 18, 2002.

1. Johnny Jr.

Johnny Jr. Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    I am going to richmond and williamsburg. Just want to know if there are any good mom and pop dvd's stores out there with good prices.
    Help a fellow dvd addict out!! afterall pulp fiction and jackie brown are coming out next week [​IMG]

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

3. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

I don't know of any mom-and-pop shops around here that sell DVDs cheaply. I buy most of mine from Best Buy. If you're looking for used DVDs, there is a store called Plan 9 Records that sells them. They are somewhat of a "mom-and-pop" operation. They operate a handful of stores here in Virginia. One of the Plan 9 stores is located in Richmond's Carytown district, which houses dozens of "mom-and-pop" shops. You might find the type of store you're looking for in that area.

Williamsburg has a lot of "mom-and-pop" shops near the William and Mary campus.

4. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan

5. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

I've lived in Va Beach (about 45 mins from Williamsburg) for the past 12 years. No mom and pops to my knowledge. I get my stuff from Best Buy, Circus City, or I price match at the local Navy Exchange.

6. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Wait a minute...if you live in Canada, why buy the DVD's here in the States? Won't you take a big hit on the exchange? My advice: Save the Tarantino DVD's for later and use your money to go to Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens. [​IMG]

7. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

Oh, hell yeah. I love Kings Dominion!

8. Johnny Jr.

Johnny Jr. Stunt Coordinator

LOL Michael*K,
    Actually I didn't even get down to Williamsburg or Richmond once I hit viriginia beach I decided to stay. By the way you have lovely women down there gentlemen [​IMG]
    Well I actually broke the bank with anime as I am a big anime fan and us Canadians continually get shafted with the high import prices.
    I also didn't want to have my pulp fiction and jackie brown with the ugly french packaging (which actually turned out to be a smart move since they are delayed in canada till the 3rd of september)
    sorry for the late reply but, I can't get onto the site for some reason it seems to be really slow or loads half way......anyone know why?

9. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

Where did you get your anime? We have several comic stores that sell 'em, plus our local BB and HV have a BUNCH on the shelves for rental...

10. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

Plan 9 in Carytown is a GREAT place to buy odd and used DVDs, CDs, and LPs--they even have a few laserdiscs in the corner of the basement!

The thing about Richmond, though, is that the restaurants are great, especially in the Fan.

11. John Randolph

John Randolph Stunt Coordinator

Unfortunately, the DVD's are priced about $15 a piece. Hmm....I haven't seen the laserdiscs in the basement. How much are they?