What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (1 Viewer)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
September Titles - Olive Films - More to come...

Attachments

• September.jpg
    September.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 46

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Sure hope PLAYING FOR TIME will be the full-length t.v. movie and not the truncated version currently available on DVD.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Dick said:
Sure hope PLAYING FOR TIME will be the full-length t.v. movie and not the truncated version currently available on DVD.
The running time for Playing For Time is 2 1/2 hours. It played at that length on TV. The DVD is 2 1/2 hours. How is this truncated?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The running time for Playing For Time is 2 1/2 hours. It played at that length on TV. The DVD is 2 1/2 hours. How is this truncated?
It seems you are correct, Thomas. It may have been a VHS release or something I was think of. In any case, the DVD looked like crap, so this can only be an improvement.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
September Title - Olive Films - Claudette Colbert and Don Ameche in the great Sam Wood's Guest Wife - More to come...

Attachments

• guest.jpg
    guest.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 51

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Another couple of indie production unearthed from the Republic vaults. Funny how so many "Republic" movies being released actually weren't, not even through original distribution. Look forward to these.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
AmbushAtCimarronPass-1958-Fox-one.jpg

How nice. I was expecting this. Another low-budget, widescreen, monochrome western from Regalscope's 1958 batch of films for Fox. SHOWDOWN AT BOOTHILL was a town-based story, this one is a location-shot story. Not as good as SHOWDOWN AT BOOTHILL, but I enjoy it. Everybody who appreciates 1950s westerns should give this one a look.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Richard--W said:
attachicon.gif
AmbushAtCimarronPass-1958-Fox-one.jpg

How nice. I was expecting this. Another low-budget, widescreen, monochrome western from Regalscope's 1958 batch of films for Fox. SHOWDOWN AT BOOTHILL was a town-based story, this one is a location-shot story. Not as good as SHOWDOWN AT BOOTHILL, but I enjoy it. Everybody who appreciates 1950s westerns should give this one a look.
I wish that if Olive was going to release stuff like this, they'd try some of the Roy Rogers westerns. I would think that there would be more demand for some of those.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Does Olive have a deal with Republic?

I'd buy Roy Rogers films on blu-ray if Olive were to release them.

I'd like to see Republic's Trucolor westerns on blu-ray. Contrary to popular misconception, many are in fine shape and looked great on VHS / laser-disc / DVD. My priority wants would be Roy Roger's Trucolor musicals and RIDE THE MAN DOWN (1952), which is one of the great unsung classic westerns of the 1950s:

RideTheManDown-1952-Republic-one.jpg

TwilightInTheSierras-1950-one.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
September Title - Olive Films - More to come...

Restored by UCLA Film & Television Archive in association with the Film Foundation. Restoration funding provided by The Film Foundation.
Newly re-mastered in HD by Olive Films and Ignite Films.

Attachments

• BigCombo.jpg
    BigCombo.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 48

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Didier Rochefort
MisterLime said:
September Title - Olive Films - More to come...

Restored by UCLA Film & Television Archive in association with the Film Foundation. Restoration funding provided by The Film Foundation.
Newly re-mastered in HD by Olive Films and Ignite Films.
Can't wait! Sounds like a great flick :)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
THE BIG COMBO (1955) is most welcome and will be gobbled up by film noir enthusiasts everywhere. I never bought the DVD (there are several) because the quality was so poor. But a restoration -- jolly good news.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Richard--W said:
Does Olive have a deal with Republic?

I'd buy Roy Rogers films on blu-ray if Olive were to release them.
The Republic Library is owned by Paramount. Most of Olive's John Wayne titles are part of the Republic Library, along with stuff like Invasion of the Body Snatchers and The Sun Shines Bright.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Richard--W said:
THE BIG COMBO (1955) is most welcome and will be gobbled up by film noir enthusiasts everywhere. I never bought the DVD (there are several) because the quality was so poor. But a restoration -- jolly good news.
Richard, you are absolutely correct and you have summed up my attitude exactly. I too have avoided all the DVDs out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks