What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
MisterLime said:
Due to some unforeseen issues the Audio Commentary for HANGAR 18 was dropped from the Olive Films release. The DVD and BD will not have any extras.

What happened? I asked the director on Facebook, he didn't know why it was dropped.

Stefan Andersson

Second Unit
MisterLime -- the press kit for Fedora has interesting info about the dubbing of Fedora´s (Marthe Keller) and the Countess´s (Hildegard Knef) dialogue. Inga Bunsch dubbed the English version, Marthe Keller the French and Hildegard Knef the German version. Seems Bunsch dubbed both Keller and Knef in English -- but the wording is unclear.

Any chance of multiple soundtracks for the Olive Films release?

Link to page for Fedora incl. link to press kit in French: http://www.festival-cannes.fr/en/archives/ficheFilm/id/11410822/year/2013.html

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Previously Released DVD Titles - First Time on Blu-ray - Coming out in July - $24.95SRP - Same as the DVD

Attachments

• BD_July.jpg
    BD_July.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 74

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Answering a few of the questions above...

THREE RING CIRCUS will not be released by Olive Films.

Only one version of SHARK exists. The extra scenes were probably destroyed by the film's producers in the 60s.

FEDORA will be released later this year with the 1 hour Making-of doc - The audio will be the same audio as the Warner Brothers version released in the 70s

I don't know why the HANGAR 18 audio commentary was dropped.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
MisterLime said:
Previously Released DVD Titles - First Time on Blu-ray - Coming out in July - $24.95SRP - Same as the DVD
Thanks, Mister Lime. Personally, I would love to see a blu release of Olive's Bob Hope releases (My Favorite Spy and Off Limits).

WadeM

Supporting Actor
MisterLime said:
Answering a few of the questions above...

Only one version of SHARK exists. The extra scenes were probably destroyed by the film's producers in the 60s.

Thanks for the information!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I really hope we get Dr. Terrors House of Horrors ( and with the commentary) and Beware my Lovely soon ..these are high on my want lists...
I am also excited about the Big Combo and Sleep my Love coming down the pike :)

Stefan Andersson

Second Unit
Thanks for the info, MisterLime!

Do you know if both cuts of God´s Little Acre will be released? One is longer an unrated. A French company, Wild Side, released both cuts on their DVD.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Answering a few questions...

The Bob Hope films will be released on BLU-RAY very soon. Also, everything else from the Paramount library will be released on BLU-RAY very soon, with the exception of FACE TO FACE which only has a standard def master acquired from Studio Canal - by far the best elements available anywhere.

They will also release, ICI ET AILLEUR, NUMERO DEUX and POLICE on BLU-RAY.

All the other titles are on the schedule and should be coming out as soon as they're ready. GOD'S LITTLE ACRE should be in July.

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
How about Looking for Mr.Goodbar, The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz, The Keep and The Grey Fox on Blu?

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
Olive Films is truly doing a great job with the Republic and Paramount catalog. Any chance that they can strike another deal once the rest of the films are released so that they can acquire more content?

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
MisterLime said:
Answering a few questions...

The Bob Hope films will be released on BLU-RAY very soon. Also, everything else from the Paramount library will be released on BLU-RAY very soon, with the exception of FACE TO FACE which only has a standard def master acquired from Studio Canal - by far the best elements available anywhere.

They will also release, ICI ET AILLEUR, NUMERO DEUX and POLICE on BLU-RAY.

All the other titles are on the schedule and should be coming out as soon as they're ready. GOD'S LITTLE ACRE should be in July.
Too bad about Face to Face, but overall that's fantastic news!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Please be attentive to releasing films in the correct aspect ratio.

Paramount changed to 100% widescreen cinematography on March 24, 1953. Initially composing for 1.66:1, they changed to 1.85:1 on September 21, 1953.

Republic switched to 1.66:1 on May 15, 1953.

Please note: these are production dates, not release dates.

I can answer any questions on the correct ratio and will be glad to assist.

http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/home/widescreen-documentation

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bob Furmanek said:
Please be attentive to releasing films in the correct aspect ratio.

Paramount changed to 100% widescreen cinematography on March 24, 1953. Initially composing for 1.66:1, they changed to 1.85:1 on September 21, 1953.

Republic switched to 1.66:1 on May 15, 1953.

Please note: these are production dates, not release dates.

I can answer any questions on the correct ratio and will be glad to assist.

http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/home/widescreen-documentation
Also, don't forget titles like The Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell which wasn't a Republic or Paramount title originally. It's production company was United States Pictures and was distributed by Warner. It was filmed during the summer of 1955, and should be widescreen, I thought it was a cinemascope film with the awful WarnerColor process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks