What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (2 Viewers)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Innocent Bystanders is in my "to watch" pile . But I think I will move it to the top and watch it tonight . Thanks for the input .

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Richard--W said:
Andre de Toth's RAMROD (1947)? November 20th? Wonderful news. It's a significant western, an important western, and a genuine, authentic noir. You'll know it's written by Luke Short when you hear the first line of dialogue. Be sure to give it a full review. I can finally throw away my Republic VHS.
I watched the Ramrod BRD today. You can definitely throw away your VHS tape. This is a good BRD. The elements are less than perfect but the mastering/encoding is beyond criticism. The images are razor sharp.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
By the way . I watched Innocent Bystanders with Stanley Baker . I really enjoyed it . I thought Baker was really good as the tired worn out agent . And not a bad ending for an early 70s film either . Blu ray looked pretty good too .

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
If you're gonna do that, let us know where this "elsewhere" will be. I like to follow these announcements,

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
This is a list posted over on Blu-ray.com regarding Olive, but no way of knowing how correct it will prove to be:

May 28:

The Magic Christian (1969)

Shanks (1974)

The File on Thelma Jordon (1950)

Dark Command (1940)

Blowing Wild (1953)

Lady from Louisiana (1941)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
May Releases

Attachments

• May1.jpg
    May1.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 120
  • May2.jpg
    May2.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 145
  • May3.jpg
    May3.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 156
  • May4.jpg
    May4.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 119

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Is anyone else disappointed that Olive chose not to use the 5.1 remix that was done for the Paramount DVD on McLintock!? Granted the movie was originally in mono, but I wonder why it was left off. Perhaps the licensing agreement didn't grant them access to the remixed soundtrack?

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Sloan
Mister Lime,

Does Olive Films have any plans to release any Republic serial on DVD or blu ray in the

future? Wouldn't "Adventures of Captain Marvel" having been released on DVD by

Artisan warrant Olive Films making it commercially available again and perhaps finally

releasing in the picture and sound quality it has long deserved?

Thank you,

Michael Sloan

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I like the covers for The File On Thelma Jordan and Blowing Wild but in both cases they don't give a true impression of the film! I'm pre-ordering both.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Some good titles for May including some DVD debuts and a steady supply of more John Wayne. Keep it up, Olive!

That's the first placeholder art I've seen for an Olive title in regards to "Father Goose." Threw me for a sec.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Mark-P said:
Is anyone else disappointed that Olive chose not to use the 5.1 remix that was done for the Paramount DVD on McLintock!? Granted the movie was originally in mono, but I wonder why it was left off. Perhaps the licensing agreement didn't grant them access to the remixed soundtrack?
Yup, very disappointed in that...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks