What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Out of the list posted above (hopefully they are released), the pick of the titles for me are Badge 323 (1973), The Hangman (1959), Man on a Swing (1974) (not a fan of Joel Grey, but have liked the films and TV shows I've seen Cliff Robertson in), The Slender Thread (1965), Something to Live For (1952) (Ray Milland in the cast), The Spirit is Willing (1967) (the cast, and William Castle as director) and Too Late Blues (1961).

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Both releases of the long-overdue The Buccaneer would be pretty sweet. I hope this is a sign of Olive digging deeper into the Paramount library

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Professor Echo said:
Boris, just a suggestion... It wasn't necessary for you to quote the entire OP to make your comment. I think since you were the first person to respond, it was obvious to what and whom you were responding. Sorry but it's one of my pet peeves when someone quotes a very long post only to reply with a quick comment. Reading HTF on the mobile version via TapaTalk is very frustrating since they have yet to be able to separate a quoted post from a new one so it can be hard to navigate where one ends and the other begins. Anyway, I enjoy reading your posts, so this just a general rant and nothing personal.
Not a problem . I will keep that in mind .
By the way i used your quote this time because it was a little far down the line . I didn't want to confuse people .

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
Great selection of films. With such a large list though I'm kind of disappointed that The Keep isn't among them. I'm starting to think maybe that film has music rights issues or something.
1900 being listed but not The Conformist leads me to believe that Criterion probably picked that film up. Also, several Byron Haskin films but not I Walk Alone - Criterion probably grabbed that as well.
I hope in the next batch they include some of these:
Hell's Island (1955)
The Scarlet Hour (1956)
Short Cut to Hell (1957)
Wild is the Wind (1957)
Isabel (1968)
Waterloo (1970)
The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz (1974)
Citizens Band a.k.a. Handle with Care (1977)
1492: Conquest of Paradise (1992)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Nice to see the rest of Jerry Lewis's films listed and The Sterile Cuckoo. The two The Buccaneer films are also a plus. But no Looking For Mr. Goodbar or Samson And Delilah, hopefully Criterion has them.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Originally Posted by MLamarre /t/315547/more-studio-classics-from-olive-films#post_3861583
I hope in the next batch they include some of these:
Hell's Island (1955)
The Scarlet Hour (1956)
Short Cut to Hell (1957)
Wild is the Wind (1957)
Isabel (1968)
Waterloo (1970)
The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz (1974)
Citizens Band a.k.a. Handle with Care (1977)
1492: Conquest of Paradise (1992)
I second Duddy Kravitz and Citizen's Band. And I also add Rough Cut (1980) and The Outsider (1979).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm hoping Samson and Delilah and The Greatest Show on Earth are among the next Blu-rays from Paramount. I know nothing, mind you, I'm just hoping that comes to pass. I have been so impressed with what they've been doing with vault titles on Blu.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Jeffrey:K said:
I second Duddy Kravitz and Citizen's Band. And I also add Rough Cut (1980) and The Outsider (1979).

Does Paramount hold the rights to Rough Cut? I'd be all over that in a heartbeat!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Paramount does hold the rights to Rough Cut but I believe the rights to I Walk Alone are among the Paramount titles now controlled by Universal.
The list is mouth watering but I'm not holding my breath until Olive makes an "official" announcement and release dates.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Thomas T /t/315547/more-studio-classics-from-olive-films#post_3861663
Paramount does hold the rights to Rough Cut but I believe the rights to I Walk Alone are among the Paramount titles now controlled by Universal.
The list is mouth watering but I'm not holding my breath until Olive makes an "official" announcement and release dates.
The first pairing of Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas was shown for the first time on TCM about a couple of months ago. I wish they can release it on DVD like they've done some other Universal titles.

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
I think I Walk Alone is among the few pre-1950 Paramount tiles that still belong to Paramount. It's listed as part of their library here while other films that are now owned by Universal are not.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I was pleasantly surprised with the first list of titles that Olive acquired, but this list is even more outstanding. I immediately see 18 titles I would like and another 6 or so that I am on the fence about. I hope they release them quicker that the every two or three months they did the last batch. It excites me is that every title from the last batch I got, except Hurry Sundown, was top notch with The Mountain being a terrific transfer, so I expect nothing less with these titles.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
MisterLime said:
All of these are now listed under Olive Films (DVD & BLU-RAY) in IMDB:]

The two versions of The Buccaneer and Captain Carey, U.S.A. would make me very happy. Is there any way to tell if these would be blu ray or dvd (as Olive has only issued a few blu ray titles)? As for more Paramounts, I would still like to see The Mating Season, Secret of the Incas, and more Bob Hope (Beau James, etc.).

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
The last Paramount film Olive released was Atomic City in August . Which i bought and enjoyed .
Nothing in September or October . And i have not heard of any other titles announced . I hope they are just reloading or something .

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Great selection. I'll get all the fifities titles. No Man of her own and Something to live for were on my wish list since...ever! I hope the absence of The File on Thelma Jordon means Criterion is actually working on it!
Some titles that I hope Olive can get its hands on:
- September Affair
- Let's Dance;
- Mr. Music
- Paid in Full
- Peking Express
- Submarine Command
- The Mating Season
- Red Mountain
- Darling, how could you
- Somebody loves you
- Botany Bay
- Here come the girls
- Little Boy Lost
- Forever Female
- Strategic Air Command
- Lucy Gallant
- Vagabond King
- But not for me

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
MisterLime said:
All of these are now listed under Olive Films (DVD & BLU-RAY) in IMDB:
1900 (1976) Bernardo Bertolucci – Robert DeNiro, Gerard Depardieu, Burt Lancaster
Assault on the Queen (1966) Jack Donohue - Frank Sinatra, Virna Lisi
Badge 373 (1973) Howard W. Koch - Robert Duvall, Verna Bloom
Boeing Boeing (1965) John Rich - Jerry Lewis, Tony Curtis
The Buccaneer (1938) Cecil B. Demille – Fredric March, Akim Tamiroff, Anthony Quinn
The Buccaneer (1958) Anthony Quinn – Yul Brynner, Clair Bloom, Charlton Heston
Captain Carey, U.S.A. (1950) Mitchell Leisen – Alan Ladd, Wanda Hendrix
Child's Play (1972) Sidney Lumet – James Mason, Robert Preston, Beau Bridges
Denver and Rio Grande (1952) Byron Haskin – Edmond O’Brien, Sterling Hayden
Come Blow Your Horn (1963) Bud Yorkin – Neil Simon – Frank Sinatra, Lee J. Cobb
Fire with Fire (1986) Duncan Gibbins – Craig Sheffer, Virginia Madsen
Firstborn (1984) Michael Apted – Teri Garr, Peter Weller, Sarah Jessica Partner
Geisha Boy, The (1958) Frank Tashlin – Jerry Lewis, Suzanne Pleshette
The Hangman (1959) Michael Curtiz – Robert Taylor, Tina Louise
Hit! (1973) Sidney J. Furie - Billy Dee Williams, Richard Pryor
It'$ Only Money (1962) - Frank Tashlin – Jerry Lewis, Jack Weston
The Jayhawkers (1959) Melvin Frank – Jeff Chandler, Fess Parker, Henry Silva
The Lawless (1950) Joseph Losey – Macdonald Carey, Gail Russell
The Long Day's Dying (1968) Peter Collinson – David Hemmings
Macaroni (1985) Ettore Scola – Jack Lemmon, Marcello Mastroianni
Man on a Swing (1974) Frank Perry – Cliff Robertson, Joel Grey
Man-Trap (1961) Edmond O’ Brien – Jeffrey Hunter, David Janssen, Stella Stevens
My Son John (1952) Leo McCarey – Helen Hayes, Van Hafflin, Dean Jagger, Robert Walker
A New Leaf (1971) Elaine May – Walter Matthau, Elaine May, Jack Weston, James Coco
The Night of the Grizzly (1966) Clint Walker, Keenan Wynn, Jack Elam
Nijinsky (1980) Herbert Ross – Alan Bates, Alan Badel
No Man of Her Own (1950) Mitchell Leisen – Barbara Stanwyck, James Lund
The Perfect Weapon (1991) Mark DiSalle, Jeff Speakman, Mako, James Hong
Pony Express (1953) Jerry Hopper – Charlton Heston, Rhonda Fleming, Forrest Tucker
Project X (1968) William Castle – Christopher George
The Proud and the Profane (1956) George Seaton – William Holden, Deborah Kerr
Rock-a-Bye-Baby (1958) Frank Tashlin – Jerry Lewis, Marilyn Maxwell, James Gleason
Run for Cover (1955) Nicholas Ray – James Cagney, Viveca Lindfors, Ernest Borgnine
The Savage (1952) George Marshall – Charlton Heston
Shanks (1974) William Castle – Marcel Marceau, Larry Bishop
Silver City (1951) Byron Haskin – Edmond O’Brien, Yvonne DeCarlo, Barry Fitzgerald
The Slender Thread (1965) Sidney J. Furie – Sidney Poitier, Anne Bancroft, Telly Savalas
Something to Live For (1952) George Stevens – Joan Fontaine, Ray Milland
Spirit is Willing, The (1967) William Castle – Sid Caesar, Vera Miles
Sterile Cuckoo, The (1969) Alan J. Pakula – Liza Minnelli
Tales That Witness Madness (1973) Freddie Francis – Joan Collins, Kim Novak, Jack Hawkins
Too Late Blues (1961) John Cassavettes – Bobby Darin, Stella Stevens, Vince Edwards
Train of Life (1999) Radu Mihaileanu – Lionel Abelanski
Trap, The (1959) Norman Panama – Richard Widmark, Lee J. Cobb
The Turning Point (1952) William Dieterle – William Holden, Alexis Smith
Up Tight! (1968) Jules Dassin – Raymond St. Jacques, Ruby Dee, Roscoe Lee Brown
Warpath (1951) Byron Haskin – Edmond O’Brien, Dean Jagger, Forrest Tucker, Polly Bergen
Who's Got the Action (1962) Daniel Mann – Dean Martin, Lana Turner, Walter Matthau
Who's Minding the Store (1963) Frank Tashlin – Jerry Lewis, Jill St. John
Interesting combination of first-timers and previously-released-on-DVD titles. I'm aware Olive cannot create their own supplements, but I wonder if they are allowed to port extras Paramount already created, such as the interviews on their previous 1900 release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks