Coming Soon From Olive Films (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert Crawford said:
I'm going to try and sit down later today to watch the BD in its entirety.
Sorry guys, didn't get to watch this BD as I viewed the Koch BD of Western Union instead.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
While Amazon has Shack Out On 101 listed as unavailable, I found I could order it from B&N, why this is so is something Joe Mannix will have to figure out.

galipolis

Grip
Real Name
Klaus Dietrichs
I dearly wish that some day Olive Films will release on DVD

John Frankenheimer's THE CHALLENGE (1982)

starring John Glenn and Toshiro Mifune. This is a great action movie of modern western world clashing
with the ancient Japanese world and their traditions. It also features an extraordinary action score by
Jerry Goldsmith.
This Frankenheimer movie is unrightfully neglected and was never released on any digital
home video format - just an old VHS video.
The Frankenheimer movie should be in the CBS vault - the distribution rights for the VHS video in the 80s
were by Twentieth Century Fox, but they no longer have the rights.
I am pretty sure that the movie rights -as it is CBS - are now by Paramount Pictures.
So for Olive Films this is right up their alley and could be one of their future projects for DVD release.
I really hope ... as this is one of my favorite John Frankenheimer action movies.
It is more than worth a preservation on digital format.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Yep, this title gets mentioned from time to time on the HTF. I saw this theatrically back in the day and enjoyed it quite a bit. A film that I would certainly love to see again.

- Walter.

Lee Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee F. Smith
I ordered a few Olive titles at $14.00 each yesterday from Deep Discount. There is a sale on Olive DVDs & Blu-Rays. Plus you can currently get another 15% off using the code FALL15. And I just received a notice that they have shipped.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
galipolis said:
I dearly wish that some day Olive Films will release on DVD

starring John Scott Glenn and Toshiro Mifune. This is a great action movie of modern western world clashing
with the ancient Japanese world and their traditions. It also features an extraordinary action score by
Jerry Goldsmith.
This Frankenheimer movie is unrightfully neglected and was never released on any digital
home video format - just an old VHS video.
The Frankenheimer movie should be in the CBS vault - the distribution rights for the VHS video in the 80s
were by Twentieth Century Fox, but they no longer have the rights.
I am pretty sure that the movie rights -as it is CBS - are now by Paramount Pictures.
So for Olive Films this is right up their alley and could be one of their future projects for DVD release.
I really hope ... as this is one of my favorite John Frankenheimer action movies.
It is more than worth a preservation on digital format.

Real Name
Phil
Mr. Lime, I know I'm not the first to recommend Paramount titles but Olive should release THE REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD, WILLARD, BEN and DARKER THAN AMBER would all be sure winners that would sell in the thousands. Can you pass this on to Olive? Thanks!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Does anything sell in the thousands?

But I second those, while requesting an update on Dr. Terror's House of Horrors - with apologies if I've missed one recently.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I received The Big Combo, Plunder Road, and Shack Out on 101 (all Blu-ray) from Import CDs today. I haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

The Reviewer at Blu-ray.com gave The Big Combo high marks for both PQ and audio. Apparently it's a significant upgrade over the old Image DVD. I don't see any reviews for the other two.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Olive's Paramount deal does not include any films produced by CBS (THE CHALLENGE, DARKER THAN AMBER). CBS owns them and decides whether or not to put them out through Paramount's home video label. Seeing Paramount's almost-complete abandonment of catalog titles, it is most unlikely we will see them surface anytime soon.REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD should be fully absorbed into Paramount now by their purchase of Cox Broadcasting, but the rights to WILLARD and BEN are shared 50/50 by Paramount with the legal consortium that controls the Cinerama library. It is why Scorpion, who made a deal for many Cinerama titles, could not get those prime two. Some rumors floated that a sublicensing deal was close to happening, but those proved to be just rumors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks