What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (1 Viewer)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
COMING IN 2013 FROM OLIVE FILMS - MOST OF THESE WILL BE REMASTERED IN HD
- Fedora (1978) (NEWLY RESTORED IN HD) Directed by Billy Wilder – Starring William Holden, Marthe Keller, Henry Fonda
- Man on the Roof (1977) Directed by Bo Widerberg – Martin Beck crime drama
- The Adalen Riots (1969) Directed by Bo Widerberg – Oscar Nominee For Best Foreign Film
- Elvira Madigan (1967) Directed by Bo Widerberg
- Raven’s End (1963) Directed by Bo Widerberg
- Dead Pigeon on Beethoven Street (1973) (Restored) Directed by Samuel Fuller
- The World's Most Beautiful Swindlers (1963) by Chabrol, Godard, Polanski & others. with Catherine Deneuve, Jean Seberg
- Comment ça va - by Jean-Luc Godard
- Keep Your Right Up! “Soigne ta droite by Jean-Luc Godard
- Ophelia (1962) Directed by Claude Chabrol – Starring Alida Valli
- J’Accuse (1938) Directed by Abel Gance
- The Stationmaster’s Wife (Uncut Version) (RESTORED) (1977) Directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder
- Womb (2010) Directed by Benedek Fliegauf – Starring Eva Green, Matt Smith, Lesley Manville

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Unless something is seriously wrong with them, I will definitely buy Twilight's Last Gleaming and Fedora. I look forward to the opinions of DVD reviewers.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Both of these will be the RESTORED HD versions.

Unless something is seriously wrong with them, I will definitely buy Twilight's Last Gleaming and Fedora. I look forward to the opinions of DVD reviewers.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by MisterLime

COMING SOON FROM OLIVE FILMS - MOST OF THESE WILL BE REMASTERED IN HD - SOME WILL BE RELEASED ON DVD & BD - ALL ON DVD

- Casablance (1983 TV Series) (Complete 5 Episodes) Starring David Soul, Hector Elizondo, Ray Liotta and Scatman Crothers
Warner Brothers is licencing this out?

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I remember about a year or two ago on this forum, an editor who had worked on Fedora had some outtake material, particularly the original, untampered soundtrack. I hope he gets this material to Olive films.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Have to share in the excitement for Twilight's Last Gleaming and Fedora.

If I'm remembering correctly, the hard-to-find laserdisc of Fedora was quite the disappointment when I finally nabbed one, with a dismal pan-and-scan picture. Haven't seen the film properly since 1978 when I went to it two or three times. Strange flick, great cast, and of course Wilder.

BIANCO2NERO

Agent
Real Name
Sergio Angelini
Fantastic news - along with TWILIGHT'S LAST GLEAMING and FEDORA I am extremely happy to see fairly obscure titles like DEAD PIGEON, one of Sam Fuller's rarest movies, also being made available - this is really great.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Can't wait for Fedora!!! I have the Laserdisc, but haven't watched it for quite some time.....and honestly can't remember if it was Pan & Scan or not. Either way, I will finally be able to retire it!!!

Now if only Universal would release "5 Graves to Cairo" & "A Foreign Affair" and whomever owns "Buddy, Buddy" would get moving, I could have the entire Wilder directorial filmography on shiny discs!!!

ShowsOn

Second Unit
Real Name
Simon Howson
For anyone interested, The Adalen Riots was one of cinematographer Conrad Hall's favourite films. The film was shot in 2 perf. Techniscope, over exposed by two stops, and then pulled back to a correct exposure by the lab. Hall thought it was one of the best looking films he had ever seen.

It would've been nice if all the Bo Widerberg films were released by Criterion in an Eclipse set. If so I would've ordered it immediately, but they are going to be expensive at $25 each.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I've gotten most of the Olives at $18-$20 on Amazon, still expensive but not MSRP.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Atomic City announced today.
August 30 release date.
36fa1efe_887090030502.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Peter M Fitzgerald
Wow, THE HELLSTROM CHRONICLE! Sweet!

I'd love to have this, but since when is Sony licensing titles to Olive? They have a very active MOD program. Unless they lost the rights to it since 1971, perhaps...?

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Dick

I'd love to have this, but since when is Sony licensing titles to Olive? They have a very active MOD program. Unless they lost the rights to it since 1971, perhaps...?
They did. THE HELLSTROM CHRONICLE was originally released by Cinema V, who had a deal with Columbia's home video label at the dawn of the format. But their deal with Columbia expired, and then Cinema V went out of business and HELLSTROM reverted back to its producers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks