RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
The 10 day countdown has begun.

ClassicFlix is at the 39% mark of their goal.

Current Backers: 342
Monies Raised: $27, 979
Total Needed: $70,000
Deadline Date: October 29th - 5:00 pm (EST)
What happens if the Goal of $70,000 is Not reached by October 29th ?? :unsure:

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
What happens if the Goal of $70,000 is Not reached by October 29th ?? :unsure:
Best to just maximize ourselves with pledges that are pandemically feasible and stick to the goal at hand.

UPDATE:
Current Backers: 345
Monies Raised: $28,146
Total Needed: $70,000
Deadline Date: October 29th - 5:00 pm (EST)

Last edited:

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Why not just extend the deadline?
Exactly ! Give it another month at least.
Wherever this project goes, I feel that the monies raised - thus far - has been quite impressive and is highly reflective of an even greater existing support that is most likely out there; were it not for the crippling economics of this pandemic.

UPDATE - 8:25 a.m.(10/21)
Backers: 352
Monies Raised: $28,579
Fixed Goal: $70,000

9 days remain to the date of deadline. Let’s keep plowing forward and maximize in whatever feasible ways that we can. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Last edited:

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
8 DAYS LEFT.

To make your contributions towards this uplifting restoration, please use the supplied link above.

UPDATE - 5:00 p.m.
Backers: 352
Monies Raised: $28,579
Only another $41,421 to go ! It would take a Miracle.

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Only another $41,421 to go ! It would take a Miracle.
BTW, Rick, have you made your contribution, yet?:)

UPDATE - 9:50 a.m. (10/22)
Backers: 357
Monies Raised: $28,863

Last edited:

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Who ever thought that all of The Little Rascals shorts would one day fall under the genre of SUSPENSE?

6 DAYS LEFT

UPDATE - 8:00 p.m. (10/23)
Backers: 366
Monies Raised: $29,419

Last edited:

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Some odd news.

Last night, when checking upon the progress of the ClassicFlix restoration project, the total monies raised had been posted at $30,171; but then, this morning, the Indigogo site revealed a sudden and mysterious decrease.

The fundraiser total is now at $25,338.

What happened?

Last edited:

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
How does anyone fairly measure the final figures of a fund raiser for a film restoration project during the economic strifes of a 7 long pandemic?

To quote a Little Rascal, I feel that the garnering of over 385 backers in a single month is “remarkable”.

Although the financial goal has not yet been met, I truly do hope that our collective pledges and donations will leave ClassicFlix with enough of an incentive to keep their momentum going in a forward moving and positive direction.

Bravo to all, and to all that has been started.:cheers:

Last edited:

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
True, we fully expect to release all the sound shorts, but as Josh mentioned, backer support does convey monetary interest which goes a long way toward letting us know how to invest our capital. Additionally, as you mentioned Thad, if we are able to raise the $70K, it will

1) give them the best possible restoration
2) make sure we preserve them as quickly as possible
3) get the shorts released more quickly on Blu-ray
4) have the price point be less expensive
5) increase the chances of us eventually releasing the silent Rascal shorts -- which is no guarantee if the sound shorts are not well-received.

Also, since we are a small label with limited capital, if the $70K is not raised, all our other projects come to a stand still (including the title Black Magic, 1949), which we were hoping to announce for a Jan/Feb release soon, but we're waiting to see how the campaign goes.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

Didn't make the $70,000 but there clearly was support.

Reactions: PMF

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It never hurts to ask but I kinda wish they had done a campaign where they’re accept any amount rather than only being funded if they hit the target. It sounds like the release is happening regardless of whether the campaign succeeds so my thinking is, wouldn’t some extra funds be better than none? But maybe the obligations attached to taking less than what they asked for would have been impractical.

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I admire their spirit, but I think $70k was wildly optimistic.
I would only qualify this by saying that 70K Is optimistic within the economic constraints of a crippling pandemic; and also by asking that this be achieved in less than a single month. With that said, 404 backers is something to be very, very proud of. The interests are clearly strong; and I hope that augmentations and realistic extensions are granted to ClassicFlix for this uplifting endeavor.

Last edited:

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
It never hurts to ask but I kinda wish they had done a campaign where they’re accept any amount rather than only being funded if they hit the target. It sounds like the release is happening regardless of whether the campaign succeeds so my thinking is, wouldn’t some extra funds be better than none? But maybe the obligations attached to taking less than what they asked for would have been impractical.
Yeh, I was thinking the same thing - why an "all or nothing" rather than "all that was pledged" they had people willing to help.

We're going to get them still, but now they don't have the extra resources they would have had.

• Agreed

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeh, I was thinking the same thing - why an "all or nothing" rather than "all that was pledged" they had people willing to help.
I'd imagine it's because then they'd have to provide a specific product. If something has to change with the release (hypothetical example: the shorts are spread out over more volumes), they still have flexibility.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dan13