B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
a) Darla will no longer be your sweetheart.

b) Old Cap will lose his Back Pension.

c) Pete will not get rescued from the pound.
d) Miss Crabtree will beat you with a stick ;) !
e) Alfalfa's "I'm in the Mood For Love" will be played on a broken record (or CD that skips) continuously outside your home ...

Last edited:

Detour (1945)

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
By no means am I an expert but alot of Kickstarters that I've seen have a ton of people that wait on the sidelines until the last few days before donating.

This isn't Kickstarter. On Kickstarter, if the goal isn't met, no one is charged anything. On Indiegogo, which this is on, they take your money, whether the goal is met or not.

Then you just have to hope they find more funding down the road.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This isn't Kickstarter. On Kickstarter, if the goal isn't met, no one is charged anything. On Indiegogo, which this is on, they take your money, whether the goal is met or not.

Then you just have to hope they find more funding down the road.
Duh on my part. I've seen the same thing on Indiegogo too where people have a tendency to jump more in the last days as the clock winds down.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
...On Indiegogo, which this is on, they take your money, whether the goal is met or not.
This is NOT correct.

On a "fixed goal" campaign like we are running for The Rascals, if the goal is not met, Indiegogo refunds the money in full and not a dime goes to us as it is "all or nothing" just like KS.

What you are referring to above is a campaign option on their platform called "flexible goal" when their is no hard goal and the fundraiser does get to keep all the funds raised.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This is NOT correct.

On a "fixed goal" campaign like we are running for The Rascals, if the goal is not met, Indiegogo refunds the money in full and not a dime goes to us as it is "all or nothing" just like KS.

What you are referring to above is a campaign option on their platform called "flexible goal" when their is no hard goal and the fundraiser does get to keep all the funds raised.

- David
If the goal isn't met, is there a way we can re-contribute, so at least some of your restoration costs are covered?

And do you know if any high-profile names (who are in favor of film restoration, and have larger pockets) are aware of this campaign?

Detour (1945)

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
This is NOT correct.

- David

Thanks, I didn't know Indiegogo had that option, apologies and I stand corrected.

Reactions: ClassicFlix

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
If the goal isn't met, is there a way we can re-contribute, so at least some of your restoration costs are covered?

And do you know if any high-profile names (who are in favor of film restoration, and have larger pockets) are aware of this campaign?
Answer #1: We have a plan in place. We'll make it know should the project not meet its goal.

Answer #2: Wish we did...

- David

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Will this Little Rascals package also be inclusive of a Colorized disc?:lol:

Last edited:

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Okay, I just became Backer #330. My projected pledge of October 21st was able to be accessed 3 days earlier than planned; as I was anxious for the presence of rising numbers to be seen on their fundraiser page, ASAP.

I skipped the perks and did a straightforward $100 in the hopes that this might strengthen the cause and value of each overall dollar.

At the time of this post; and inclusive of my bit; ClassicFlix is still in need of $43,094 with 11 remaining days (Oct. 29) to meet their deadline goal.

Let’s get the word out to whomever our own individual friends and contacts may be. Let’s get resourceful, proactive and influential; as ClissicFlix is only at the 38% mark. Let’s see late Monday afternoon conclude at the 50% mark of $35,000, for at 6:00pm the 10 day countdown begins for ClassicFlix.

And, hey, don’t forget, even a second donation of an extra 5, 10 or 20 bucks is another step closer towards where we want to go.

Let’s make this happen, and good luck to us all.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

ahollis

Premium
Real Name
Allen
I skipped the perks and did a straightforward $100 in the hopes that this might strengthen the cause and value of each overall dollar.

I made a perk donation, but your idea of a straightforward donation inspired me to make on also. Thanks.

• Appreciate
Reactions: PMF

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I made a perk donation, but your idea of a straightforward donation inspired me to make one also. Thanks.
Wouldn’t it be the coolest thing if a whole bunch of us HTFers read your post throughout this night and ended up doing the same?

Hey, it’s 10:30 pm and ClassicFlix is only $2,771 away from the $30,000 mark.

Tell you all what; if $30,000 is showing by the time I wake up in the morning, then I’ll pledge another $50. What I was going to get with that 50 bucks can wait until late November, but being part of an actual film restoration is something that - AFAIK - can happen to me only once. And that once is the here and the now of this October.

So, 30 Grand by morning coffee? Yah, sure, why not? Personally, I think it can be done. I’m thinking of a Capra moment. I’m thinking of a big wicker basket filled with saving grace money, as set before the eyes of George and Mary Bailey. And O, for ClassicFlix, what a beautiful sight that would be.

Call me overly upbeat, but I’ll be setting my alarm clock.:)

Last edited:

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
[...]And, hey, don’t forget, even a second donation of an extra 5, 10 or 20 bucks is another step closer towards where we want to go.

Somewhere through the night, ClassicFlix gained an additional $158. A definite step closer.

Well, I’m still going to pledge that extra 50 bucks - 30,000 mark or not. Come to think of it, I’ll make that an even $58.00.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: ahollis

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Does anyone here know the story of how Pete the Dog got that circle around his eye?

Last edited:

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
The 10 day countdown has begun.

ClassicFlix is at the 39% mark of their goal.

Current Backers: 342
Monies Raised: $27, 979
Total Needed: $70,000
Deadline Date: October 29th - 5:00 pm (EST)

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thedel