What's new

Coming Soon From Classic Flix: The Little Rascals Preservation & Restoration Project (1 Viewer)

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Understood, and we are quite flattered as we get this question a lot on the boards and via email. Given the opportunity we would, of course, jump at the chance, but the opportunity has not presented itself and it is not in the cards.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer
How good is the packaging? I have purchased three copies of the Blondie series for myself and gifts and all three cases arrived broken. Even shrink-wrapped you could hear the plastic pieces rattling. Not saying it's ClassicFlix's fault but three copies seems to indicate a problem. That middle tray is held by a two little plastic bumps in two little holes on the case. In two cases the bump was broken and the other case the hole holder was broken. Also some of the teeth that hold the discs on the tray were broken and also on the case as well. Had to buy three new cases.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
How good is the packaging? I have purchased three copies of the Blondie series for myself and gifts and all three cases arrived broken. Even shrink-wrapped you could hear the plastic pieces rattling. Not saying it's ClassicFlix's fault but three copies seems to indicate a problem. That middle tray is held by a two little plastic bumps in two little holes on the case. In two cases the bump was broken and the other case the hole holder was broken. Also some of the teeth that hold the discs on the tray were broken and also on the case as well. Had to buy three new cases.
I'd definatly talk with the shipping department, packaging issues maybe? As one that shops many packages a day, I know how mistreated the mail is handeled. You always want to secure the contents as if an Elephant is going to be sitting on it, before it arrives to your customers house!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Check out a clip we just posted of a raw scan from the 1924 Our Gang short BIG BUSINESS.

From 35mm, the short will be restored and released on Blu-ray later this year.

ENJOY!

- David

Thanks David, these are great. I'm still going through you Centennial Box set BD. What an amazing collection of Comedic History!! Thank you and your team so much for the continuing project to restore and recover and save our film history!!

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Check out a clip we just posted of a raw scan from the 1922 Our Gang short SATURDAY MORNING (1922), the 6th Our Gang film in the series.

Scanned from 16mm elements, it will look very nice when cleaned up and will be released on Blu-ray.

We have scanned over 55 Our Gang of the surviving 88 silent Our Gang shorts to date and we continue to look for better material for at least half of the 55, plus additional material to fill in gaps of missing footage from the scans we already have.

It's early to tell but timeline for the first release is likely mid-2023.

ENJOY!

- David

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Check out this "restoration in progress" clip we just posted of HIGH SOCIETY (1924), the 30th short in the Our Gang film series.

Scanned from 35mm elements, it will look very nice when cleaned up and released on Blu-ray.

Scans on over 55 silent Our Gang shorts (of the surviving 88) have been performed to date and we continue to look for better material for at least half of the 55, plus additional material to fill in gaps of missing footage from the scans we already have.

It's too early to tell but timeline for the first release is likely late summer/early fall 2023.

ENJOY!

- David

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Check out this "restoration in progress" clip we just posted of HIGH SOCIETY (1924), the 30th short in the Our Gang film series.

Scanned from 35mm elements, it will look very nice when cleaned up and released on Blu-ray.

Scans on over 55 silent Our Gang shorts (of the surviving 88) have been performed to date and we continue to look for better material for at least half of the 55, plus additional material to fill in gaps of missing footage from the scans we already have.

It's too early to tell but timeline for the first release is likely late summer/early fall 2023.

ENJOY!

- David

Thanks for the updates David, any updates on season two of TA&CS?

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
David how about Henry Aldrich Films from Universal -- so much better than the Andy Hardys - KINO has shown no interest in them

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
David how about Henry Aldrich Films from Universal -- so much better than the Andy Hardys - KINO has shown no interest in them
We've been trying to get something done with Universal for 2 years but we haven't got past first base...

- David
Boggles the mind ----they spent 2 million to restore them and nothing! I would love to see Hellzapoppin let free from the vaults!
A big name studio actually spends millions to restore an entire series, and then just lets it sit without so much as a digital download release?

Like TCM's Ben Mankewicz has commented from time to time on any subject, "It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense!" :wacko:

I'm also in agreement regarding HELLZAPOPPIN (1941). Release it into the wild! :thumbsup:

CHEERS! :)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Any updates on A&C Show Season 2 ? :confused: When will we see a Restoration clip ? 🤔
AAA Abbott and Costello.jpg

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
We've been trying to get something done with Universal for 2 years but we haven't got past first base...

- David
Maybe now that the smoke is clearing from COVID and the big studio shakeup....conditions may change and the opportunity may present itself?? You never know...

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Maybe now that the smoke is clearing from COVID and the big studio shakeup....conditions may change and the opportunity may present itself?? You never know...
I'm an optimist by nature but have learned over the years that it's not a realistic approach when dealing with the majors.

- David

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I'm an optimist by nature but have learned over the years that it's not a realistic approach when dealing with the majors.

- David
You should reach out to KINO if they tell Universal they are not interested in the Aldrich films that might get u in the door

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks