What's new

Coming Soon From Classic Flix: The Little Rascals Preservation & Restoration Project (1 Viewer)

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
Our scanning and restoring of Our Gang silent shorts continues.

Below is a clip from the "haunted house" short Fast Freight (1929). While the intertitles were cut (which we'll restore), it's in relatively good condition and is very sharp.

ENJOY!

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

Very creative use of graphics, perfect for a Halloween program.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
That's all I ordered as well but I'm just ecstatic, because I know that that has I think the three silent shorts on it

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Well, I had gotten all of the individual releases already, so the bonus disc (and the multi-disc case) was all I really needed.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Scheduled to street on Tuesday, November 15th, The Little Rascals - The Complete Collection (Centennial Edition) has indeed started shipping as mentioned above!

We've also cut a custom trailer for the release.

About the restorations: Each short has been newly scanned from original Hal Roach 35mm film elements. Remastered, uncut and beautifully restored, now you can see The Little Rascals like never before. With restorations so glorious, it will be like watching these iconic shorts for the first time!

A must-have for any true Our Gang fan, this set also includes over 4 hours of bonus features.

- David

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Scheduled to street on Tuesday, November 15th, The Little Rascals - The Complete Collection (Centennial Edition) has indeed started shipping as mentioned above!

We've also cut a custom trailer for the release.

About the restorations: Each short has been newly scanned from original Hal Roach 35mm film elements. Remastered, uncut and beautifully restored, now you can see The Little Rascals like never before. With restorations so glorious, it will be like watching these iconic shorts for the first time!

A must-have for any true Our Gang fan, this set also includes over 4 hours of bonus features.

- David

Excited New Year GIF

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What fun! I spent a few hours watching the newly released bonus disc.

Loved seeing Porky and Spanky in 1985 radio and festival appearances. Very sad to see that they never were able to profit off of any of the shorts they did as residuals did not exist at that time.

The reunion footage 25 years later was very interesting to watch. "What happened to your freckles?"

Looking at the museum props was very cool, though I wish there was more time spent with the props themselves rather than quick pans through the exhibit. The podium speeches were very enjoyable, particularly from Leonard Maltin.

Another entertaining feature was the "now and then" location sites where the shorts were filmed. It's incredible that almost 100 years later, some of the locales had not drastically changed.

Now, since I am all over this forum at any given time and not always completely invested in conversations that previously occurred here...

Are these all the silent shorts we are going to see from ClassicFlix? Or, are these a sneak peek of what is yet to come?

The silent films looked generally good, with Mary Queen of Tots looking the most pristine. Growing up owning many Super 8mm silent films, I had a blast watching these shorts.

Thank you, ClassicFlix, for doing such an incredible job with these shorts.

It has been asked many times before, but if we could see proper restorations of the Laurel and Hardy shorts at some point, I would gladly contribute to restoration.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
What fun! I spent a few hours watching the newly released bonus disc.

Loved seeing Porky and Spanky in 1985 radio and festival appearances. Very sad to see that they never were able to profit off of any of the shorts they did as residuals did not exist at that time.

The reunion footage 25 years later was very interesting to watch. "What happened to your freckles?"

Looking at the museum props was very cool, though I wish there was more time spent with the props themselves rather than quick pans through the exhibit. The podium speeches were very enjoyable, particularly from Leonard Maltin.

Another entertaining feature was the "now and then" location sites where the shorts were filmed. It's incredible that almost 100 years later, some of the locales had not drastically changed.

Now, since I am all over this forum at any given time and not always completely invested in conversations that previously occurred here...

Are these all the silent shorts we are going to see from ClassicFlix? Or, are these a sneak peek of what is yet to come?

The silent films looked generally good, with Mary Queen of Tots looking the most pristine. Growing up owning many Super 8mm silent films, I had a blast watching these shorts.

Thank you, ClassicFlix, for doing such an incredible job with these shorts.

It has been asked many times before, but if we could see proper restorations of the Laurel and Hardy shorts at some point, I would gladly contribute to restoration.
Thanks so much for your support and glad you enjoyed the bonus features (and the shorts).

Regarding the silents, it was a sneak peek. We have over 40 shorts scanned so far. Most are missing opening title cards, and some are missing intertitles and chunks of the shorts themselves. The silents project will be even more time consuming than the sound shorts to make sure we have shorts in their entirety, not to mention trying to locate and track down as many of the shorts/materials that are out there.

No definite time line yet on the silents, but hopefully we'll have an announcement on the first release early next year (they will come in volumes).

- David

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks