dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
William, got the e-mail from them as well, and had to hurry and see if any more information was posted as of yet, and was extremely surprised that Tony Bensley, had not beaten everybody to the punch and posted this; now as Louie says in " Casablanca " time to round up all the usual suspects that have discussed the Our Gang "Little Rascals" in the DVD threads.

allow me to say that if they can pull off or get as close as possible, to the same kind of miracle with the original 80 Hal Roach titles, that they did in conjunction with the 3-D Film Archive on Abbott and Costello's Africa Screams. That i will look forward to reading what they have proposed and make my choice on assisting accordingly.

thank you for putting this up, so that those who may not get the notifications are aware that this is happening, and much like another crowd funded item involving restoration work, that is almost completed i hope it gets the blessing of the forum.

for everything that has been off this year, i am amazed at what has happened, Puppetoons and the beginning of restoration of Wheezer and the Gang all in the same year :D

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
From the linked article above:

ClassicFlix is thrilled to announce that we have licensed all 80 Hal Roach Our Gang (Little Rascal) sound shorts and will soon be announcing a crowdfund project to preserve and restore these beloved and iconic shorts.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
The original box set which i have, has some of the titles from Blackhawk films prints, , and the single releases that followed from Vivendi Entertainment was from 1994 restorations, I could be wrong, as the info comes from various sources, but with the work that ClassicFlix has done with the Roach properties, I believe they have an all in approach to go back to as close to the original negatives as possible, if that is even possible and deliver something that was as close to a 1929- 1938 releases, and as always, I know that this may be an issue, but these are a product of there time, and should be viewed as such,

I hope that Leonard Maltin and Richard W. Bann are somehow involved in this, if it leads to a release.

makes me wish that the original Roach/Pathé /MGM silents had gotten the release that was discussed in 2006.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Thanks for the post!

Ardent classic cinema fans (or even casual ones) will want to be a part of this as Our Gang crosses over into iconic cultural status, and are not limited to just fans of cinema.

Please continue to post, share and talk about this and make sure to check out the video above if you haven't already. It gives fans just a glimpse of what they will be in store for. The difference for most shorts will be like watching them for the first time. They'll be THAT good.

More info will be known when the campaign goes live. Stay tuned...

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’ve never seen anything Little Rascals but depending on the pricing, if my meager budget allows, I’d like to contribute. My kids are under a year old, so they’re not watching TV yet, but I’d love to have some classic material that’s age appropriate to show them as a counterpoint to whatever fast cutting, ultra colorful new stuff that’ll be on their radar when they do.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I’ve never seen anything Little Rascals but depending on the pricing, if my meager budget allows, I’d like to contribute. My kids are under a year old, so they’re not watching TV yet, but I’d love to have some classic material that’s age appropriate to show them as a counterpoint to whatever fast cutting, ultra colorful new stuff that’ll be on their radar when they do.
Keep in mind that "Our Gang/Little Rascal" are a product of their time ...
1600973271817.png
:cool:

1600973398484.png

1600974091596.png

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
Thanks for the post!

Ardent classic cinema fans (or even casual ones) will want to be a part of this as Our Gang crosses over into iconic cultural status, and are not limited to just fans of cinema.

Please continue to post, share and talk about this and make sure to check out the video above if you haven't already. It gives fans just a glimpse of what they will be in store for. The difference for most shorts will be like watching them for the first time. They'll be THAT good.

More info will be known when the campaign goes live. Stay tuned...

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer
Those 4 clips on Indiegogo look Excellent ! :) I never bought the DVD set that was released. But I will be buying these when they get a Bluray release in 2021 some time. Been waiting for a Restoration and Bluray release for a Long time. Thanks ClassicFlix ! ;)
RASCALS 1935.jpg

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
My parents indoctrinated me with Gumby instead...
:wacko: I watched, and liked, Gumby well enough - but I absolutely loved The Little Rascals - still do. A local host cartoon show ran a Little Rascals short, a Three Stooges short, and a couple of Looney Tunes *every* weekday afternoon for years (the host owned a huge toy store in Memphis and used the show to push toys and his store - something you couldn't do today). It came on just as we were getting home from school and ran for an hour. I've seen the Little Rascals shorts dozens of times each on that show.

"I wish Cotton was a monkey!"

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
William, got the e-mail from them as well, and had to hurry and see if any more information was posted as of yet, and was extremely surprised that Tony Bensley, had not beaten everybody to the punch and posted this; now as Louie says in " Casablanca " time to round up all the usual suspects that have discussed the Our Gang "Little Rascals" in the DVD threads.

allow me to say that if they can pull off or get as close as possible, to the same kind of miracle with the original 80 Hal Roach titles, that they did in conjunction with the 3-D Film Archive on Abbott and Costello's Africa Screams. That i will look forward to reading what they have proposed and make my choice on assisting accordingly.

thank you for putting this up, so that those who may not get the notifications are aware that this is happening, and much like another crowd funded item involving restoration work, that is almost completed i hope it gets the blessing of the forum.

for everything that has been off this year, i am amazed at what has happened, Puppetoons and the beginning of restoration of Wheezer and the Gang all in the same year :D
I was made aware of this budding Little Rascals restoration project earlier today via Facebook, and just came in here to check for it.

What can I say, Dana? Ya can't win 'em all!! ;)

Thank you very much for your posting, Rick!! :thumbsup:

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this one!!! CHEERS! :)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I was made aware of this budding Little Rascals restoration project earlier today via Facebook, and just came in here to check for it.

What can I say, Dana? Ya can't win 'em all!! ;)

Thank you very much for your posting, Rick!! :thumbsup:

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this one!!! CHEERS! :)
I knew you would show up sooner or later buddy, hope everything in the Great White North is doing great and we got lots to discuss.
I have a feeling that we're finally going to get the release that we were waiting for the first time.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
desperado1976