What's new

Coming soon - another Blockbuster previously-viewed sale (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Buy 2 used DVDs or games, get 1 free at Blockbuster.

Runs from 6/17 through 7/7.

Too bad I didn't see anything I really want.

Jon

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
I went and checked it out today figuring that they any have raised their prices a little but HOLY #@%*! I wanted a copy of Catch Me If You Can but they had it priced at $16.99 for a used disc. Thats outrageous!

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
I concur with Jeff. My local BBV doesn't seem to *raise* prices during a sale, they just start them off higher to begin with. Still, I picked two copies of Catch Me If You Can at $16.99 (watched it for the first time last night--good movie) and a copy of We Were Soldiers for $14.99.

Might go back and grab The Hot Chick and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (both of those and a copy of CMIYC are for my little sister who has a birthday next weekend--never too early to start building a DVD collection :D ) and then maybe get something for myself, though there wasn't much that was interesting that I didn't already own.

Dave C.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
I wanted a copy of Catch Me If You Can but they had it priced at $16.99 for a used disc. Thats outrageous!
I agree completely...

Master of Disguise has been out for about 3 or 4 months now, and at my local BBV, they have about 40 copies of it sitting in the previously viewed section, for $19.99 a piece... and they've been sitting there for about 2 and a half months, without the slightest change in price...

pretty stupid if they ask me... no one is going to buy that piece of crap movie for that price...

James E

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe they opened them and put them on the shelf but never rented them:laugh::rolleyes

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I kinda dislike BB PV movies. The cases r replaced with those cheesy ones. I now go to our local Movie Gallery where the prices r OK and it comes in the original case. And they do have today buy 2 , one free promo.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I wanted a copy of Catch Me If You Can but they had it priced at $16.99 for a used disc. Thats outrageous!
If you do the math, 16.99 movies will average out to 11.33 per disc with the sale. I consider this a good deal, but only with the sale. Sometimes the trick is finding three 16.99 DVDs I want, but this go around I don't think I'll have any problems.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Cameron That was the only title I wanted that was $16.99. If it had been even $12.99 I would have picked up it as well as the others I wanted. I guess i'll wait till the end of the sale or till next time. Most of the movies from the last sale were $9.99 and buy 2 get one free. They had about 20 copies. Ive never seen the movie and im not going to pay $16.99 only to find out I dont like it and have to trade it off if I can. People are not really excited about trading for previously viewed movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.