What's new

Coming from Arrow: Robocop (1 Viewer)

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
We're talking favourite films here. This film is what started off the whole home video collector thing for me - the original Norwegian release of Robocop was shorn of a whopping six minutes by the censors at the time. The incentive to purchase yet again would be for the new supplements. The MGM blu ray from 2014 has excellent picture and sound quality. For someone like me, that might be worth it, although Arrow is also releasing Oldboy, American Werewolf in London and The Far Country this autumn, and these have new transfers - which I'd give priority to purchasing.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
From the description:

"4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative by MGM, transferred in 2013 and approved by director Paul Verhoeven"

So, is this the same transfer from the unrated Director's Cut BD released in 2014? If so, I cannot see spending the amount of money that Arrow asks for their special editions.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This sure sounds like the definitive edition to own. This will have the Director's Cut, the Theatrical Cut and will include in SD the Edited-for-television version of the film.

Plus so many extras and two (count 'em, two) isolated music scores. This is a winner for me. I'm in for the order.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I would like to hear A Few Words from @Robert Harris' first but, barring anything unforeseen I'll certainly be grabbing this one.

kitt1987

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
Like others I want to read the reviews first, though I am sure this release should be "definitive." It is too bad this wasn't offered prior to the MGM remastered release since so many don't wish to double dip on the same movie. Add to that the extra cost for this one. I hate to play the "if only" game but had this gotten a 4k UHD release it would already be in my cart but given the nature of the way this was filmed I'm not sure if UHD with HDR release would benefit this picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks