Comics published frequency??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DarrinH, Apr 22, 2002.

1. DarrinH

DarrinH Second Unit

Saw some new Punisher and Spiderman comics in the drug store yesterday and I was wondering how often are new issues published? Are some bi-monthly, monthly, weekly or what?

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Comics are almost always monthly. Marvel has said recently that they're going to try to up their more popular titles to once every three weeks. And of course, with regards to Spiderman, there are three different Spiderman titles right now (Amazing Spider Man, Peter Parker is Spider Man, and Ultimate SpiderMan). X-Men also has a bunch of different books. Others, like Punisher and Daredevil (my personal favorite) only have one book.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

It's pretty strange, but if/when you get sucked into comics, you'll think nothing of a comic that comes out on a regular monthly basis, but once that comic starts getting published less frequently, your interest in that title will wane. It's really strange, but it does happen, and many titles have lost precious readership because they could not produce on a monthly or consistent schedule. One month is just about the right amount of time before you have to go back and dig through back issues to get caught up to speed when reading a comic on an ongoing basis.

4. DarrinH

DarrinH Second Unit

I saw this new comic of the punisher, I think it was on number 10. Artwork was great but the issue seemed too short. It has been since 1990 when I was into comics and kept up with them. How are they now and what would any of you recommend?

5. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    i would recomend finding your local comic book store and going in to look at the books that are there now.
    also on may 4th many are having a free comic book day so go that day as many stores will also be having big sales on back issues.
    check out www.freecomicbookday.com

6. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

7. DarrinH

DarrinH Second Unit

Im old school Punisher, Spiderman, Wolverine etc. all Marvel. Still have some of my old stuff.

8. Cal S

Cal S Stunt Coordinator

To me, the best thing is to buy trade paperbacks, where they collect several issues of a book. It's great. I bought the tpb of X-Force mentioned above, hilarious!