What's new

Comics published frequency?? (1 Viewer)

DarrinH

Second Unit
Saw some new Punisher and Spiderman comics in the drug store yesterday and I was wondering how often are new issues published? Are some bi-monthly, monthly, weekly or what?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Comics are almost always monthly. Marvel has said recently that they're going to try to up their more popular titles to once every three weeks. And of course, with regards to Spiderman, there are three different Spiderman titles right now (Amazing Spider Man, Peter Parker is Spider Man, and Ultimate SpiderMan). X-Men also has a bunch of different books. Others, like Punisher and Daredevil (my personal favorite) only have one book.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's pretty strange, but if/when you get sucked into comics, you'll think nothing of a comic that comes out on a regular monthly basis, but once that comic starts getting published less frequently, your interest in that title will wane. It's really strange, but it does happen, and many titles have lost precious readership because they could not produce on a monthly or consistent schedule. One month is just about the right amount of time before you have to go back and dig through back issues to get caught up to speed when reading a comic on an ongoing basis.

DarrinH

Second Unit
I saw this new comic of the punisher, I think it was on number 10. Artwork was great but the issue seemed too short. It has been since 1990 when I was into comics and kept up with them. How are they now and what would any of you recommend?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
i would recomend finding your local comic book store and going in to look at the books that are there now.
also on may 4th many are having a free comic book day so go that day as many stores will also be having big sales on back issues.
check out www.freecomicbookday.com

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
It has been since 1990 when I was into comics and kept up with them. How are they now and what would any of you recommend?
Not as much stuff coming out now as in 1990. It's hard to say what should be recommended to you without knowing your tastes. But IMO, Punisher is good, X-Force is excellent, New X-Men is pretty good, The Ultimates has gotten off to a good start (on issue 3 now), and Ultimate Spider-Man is good. As for other, non-Marvel stuff, the books that I'm really passionate about are Powers, Hellboy, and Kabuki. Older comics that aren't coming out anymore but should be sampled anyway include Preacher and Astro City (technically Astro City isn't defunct, but it's been on hiatus for a couple of years now due to the writer having health problems). But I'd recommend just finding a good comic shop and taking a look around and seeing if anything appeals to you :)

DarrinH

Second Unit
Im old school Punisher, Spiderman, Wolverine etc. all Marvel. Still have some of my old stuff.

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
To me, the best thing is to buy trade paperbacks, where they collect several issues of a book. It's great. I bought the tpb of X-Force mentioned above, hilarious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maindude