What's new

Comic book fans - is this you? (1 Viewer)

Eve T

Supporting Actor
You aren't making fun of us comic book geeks are you? Don't make me get Brodie from Mall Rats to come and whoop your azz :D
I'm a huge comic book fan but not of the Green Lantern, I like mostly Cry for Dawn and Verotik comics. Old Ninja Turtles and X-Men and things of that nature.
:)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Nope. Not making fun of comic book nerds at all. In fact, I used to be one! I'm not gonna say that I outgrew them so much as I got tired of the constant "reinventing" that was going on. Change this mythos, change that mythos! Bah! Silly marketing tactics and nothing more. Yeah I know, the independents were there to fall back on, but by then, I was too disenchanted with it all. And the constant price hikes were a factor as well. Oh well, that part of my life is done. The Onion article just brought back some memories. :)

Kraig Lang

Stunt Coordinator
And the worst part about this post is that I just had the same conversation yesterday with a guy who could not understand the Crisis on Infinite Earths concept. :)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Ah, Crisis on Infinite Earths. That's one mythos-redefining storyline that I did like! I even remember shedding a few tears over the Flash and Supergirl... :b

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
damn that was mad funny :D i found myself laughin my ass off on that story. im not so much into comics at the moment but im about to get back into to them.. stories like these makes me hungry for the life of a comic fan again.. ah..

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's just about being passionate about fictional universe.
I could say the same about people who love talking about the Star Wars universe, et al.
What scares me is that I got ALL the references to the different Green Lanterns. :) Hal was the best GL, though.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Haha.. I was just looking over this issue on my desk. One of the benefits of living in Wisconsin is that the Onion is a free publication you can pick up around town. I always grab a few when I go to the sub shop for the office.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
And this year, you can actually walk to get it, without freezing your nuggets off!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks