What's new

Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It's that time of year again - where someone honestly wants to be made fun of and it's a sign of love and endearment!

Friends practically getting away with murder!

For the first time as far as I now, Comedy Central's website will have uncensored clips of the Roast.

What did you think of the show and what were some of your favorite lines?

Ryan

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I liked the line about Brigette Neilsen "If you fucked Flava Flav, you don't have jungle fever, you have Ebola."

And since I'm mean spirited, I loved any joke about Lisa Lampanelli since I think she's a talentless hack.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The ebola line was great. I liked some of the gags about Ice-T's age too (being old enough myself to remember when he was new). "You're so old, the first thing you bought with your record contract money was your freedom!"

And one that you might've missed if you weren't listening closely was when someone (I forget who) referred to Katt Williams as "Mr. Hanky."

Carrot Top gets a bad rap (it's almost part of his schtick now), but he had some good stuff too. I liked the bong with rear-view mirrors. "If Ronald McDonald F*cked Wendy" indeed. :D

All told, it wasn't the best CC roast, but it had its share of good lines.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Just watched it last night and I have to admit these roasts are kind of a "guilty pleasure" thing for me. It's one of the only times you get to see non-PC comedy these days with everything from racist jokes to sexist jokes to just downright "wrong" jokes. All in all I thought the Flav roast was pretty damn funny from start to finish. Greg Geraldo, Jeff Ross, Jimmy Kimmel and Snoop Dogg(surprisingly) were really funny. And while Lisa Lampanelli can get annoying really fast her line "if Flav was any blacker and smaller Brad and Angelina would've adopted him already" was priceless. :D

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Here's one vote for Lisa Lampanelli! While Kat Williams, Jeff Ross and Carrot Top look like they were at a funeral, Lampanelli just laughed at all the jokes about her. That sense of self-humor makes her all the more palatable.

Besides, I think she's really funny :laugh:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Lisa Lampanelli was a good sport and, obviously, comedy is very subjective but I don't like her stuff because she has two jokes (her desire to nail black guys or using the c-word to 'shock' people) and she just repeats variations on them. That being said, I'm not trying to be a jerk and tell you that you're wrong, I'm just stating why I don't like her material.

EDIT: However, I did laugh outloud at her line about Patton Oswalt having "hands so small that he'd have to wear boxing gloves to fist me." :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.