What's new

Come on Sony! Give us a blu-ray of Anzio! (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Alex
Sony is sitting on HD masters of Anzio, and probably a ton more of their catalog titles. I know it gets bashed for its glaring inaccuracies, historically speaking, with regards to Anzio, but the movie itself is a blast. I used to watch it maybe more than a hundred times with my grandfather as a kid. I guess the reason I still enjoy it is simply for the nostalgic aspect. I would love to see a blu ray released, no doubt it would look sharp as a tack, in typical Columbia Pictures fashion.

SEUCEQI.jpg

3eB97Os.jpg

Dk09ync.jpg

4drLsfV.jpg

mgGqgNi.jpg

FuGxmDL.jpg

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
It's unlikely that a low-demand catalog title like "Anzio" will be released by Sony directly...more likely for it to come out through an outside licensee like Twilight Time, Mill Creek or Criterion...is this available on the international BD market?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Who has control of this film, Sony or Dino De Laurentiis?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
All home video releases so far: VHS, Laserdisc and DVD were from Sony so I'm assuming they still control it. It would make a very nice Blu-Ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks