What's new

Come on AC/DC fans! (1 Viewer)

John Torrez

Second Unit
I just got into them recently. I didn't know what I was missing, cause damn do they rock! So what are your favorite albums? And do you prefer Scott or Johnson?

As for me, I think everything they've put out is pretty damn good. I even like their most recent albums Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip. And I prefer Scott of course. So tell me your AC/DC stories.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Favorite album: Highway To Hell

The stuff with Scott was better as it seems more fresh and raw, but I own and listen to all of it.

Rock!

greg_t

Screenwriter
Speaking of AC/DC, how are the new remasters? Particuarly Back in Black? Any improvment on the sound?

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
What new remasters?
I think he might be referring to the 1994 (Ted Jensen) remasters which were done from the original master tapes. The sound quality is very good IMO. There was a very dramatic difference between the original release of Highway to Hell and this most recent edition. :emoji_thumbsup:
I ended up purchasing everything from High Voltage through Back in Black because I was so impressed - only a Bon Scott fan for the most part. ;)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
OK, this may be seen to be a blaspheme, but.......
I am a big AC/DC fan. I tend to favor Bon era stuff, but Back in Black stands in my book as one of the best rock albums ever recorded.
In any event, there is a band called Rhino Bucket, that is a dead nuts copy of Bon era AC/DC. They have the vocals, they have the guitar, they have the groove......
I first heard them on KNAC (Internet Radio), and thought sure I was listening to an AC/DC track I had not previously heard.
Anyway, it was Rhino Bucket. FWIW, they actually have a cut on the Waynes World soundtrack. I usually dispise bands that clone the sound of another band (think Kingdom Come as a Zep clone), but these guys are damn good.
They do have a web site, www.rhinobucket.com (you can down load MP3 samples of their tunes), but unfortunately are out of print. I paid dearly for their 1st two CDs on E-bay.
BL

KrisM

Second Unit
I'm a huge AC/DC fan. I even have both versions of HIgh Voltage.
I like the Bon Scott albums more than the Brian Johnson albums, but Back In Black is still my favorite of them all.
Does anybody know when Let There Be Rock is coming to DVD?
I also heard on the radio the other day that they will have a new album out soon. I think the date was sometime in the early spring.

Regards
KrisM

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
Rock on! AC/DC is one of my all-time favorites. Saw them in 1982 on the For Those About to Rock Tour in Denver and again in 1997 in Louisville, Kentucky. Long time in between shows.

Back in Black and Highway to Hell are my personal faves and the best from each singer.

Long live AC/DC.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I heard Rhino Bucket for the first time back in maybe 1992 or 1993. I could not believe how close they sounded to AC/DC. Hmmm...I may have to find them on Ebay as well. Would be a nice addition to my CD collection.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm...I may have to find them on Ebay as well. Would be a nice addition to my CD collection.
Be prepared to pay between $20 and $25 for each of the 1st two CDs. When I started bidding, their were some auctions that went for over $30......Yikes!

I emailed their web site asking why they don't release the albums, given the prices being comanded on E-bay.

I got an e-mail from the band saying that they do not own the rights; Warner Bros does. They did say they may do a live album of their songs, however.

Enjoy.

BL

David R. Hendrickson

Stunt Coordinator
long before i was into Black Sabbath & Judas Priest, or Vangelis & Mike Oldfield, there was AC/DC.
been big into ac/dc since '77 when a friend got LTBR. haven't missed a tour since FTATR. i prefer the early stuff, but it's all great.
favorite album: Powerage. like no other album they've done.
when HTH came out, a friend and i heard it on the radio one afternoon on the way to a track meet. the next morning before school we called the radio station to request HTH. the DJ told us "we don't play that $hit in the morning!" and hung up on us. (SF bay area in the '70's, it was all disco stations. :frowning: )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks