What's new

Come join the HTF Oscar Pool! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I started up a Yahoo! Oscar Pool for HTF members. Stop by and post your picks, and we can see who the best prognosticator is!
Link Removed
Group ID#: 3401
Password: OAR
I'm looking forward to seeing your picks, and I look forward to winning. :D The more people participating the better, so stop by. I'll post the winner(s) after the Oscars.
There are currently over a dozen participants, but the more the merrier!
(I also posted this in the Oscar Discussion thread and the After Hours forum, so don't feel insane if you think this post looks familiar.)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
how do i sign into this yahoo thing. i can't get it to work:b

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Tony -

Do you have a Yahoo! login name? If not, register a name and then try again.

Can't imagine what else it would be...

Wes C

Supporting Actor
Great Idea:emoji_thumbsup: Any baseball fans out there? Fantasy baseball is very fun too.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Tied for 2nd suckas.

I'd have won if I had brought my A game (and stuck with early picks of Denzel, Broadbent and No Mans Land - I switch NML Sunday afternoon even. Doh!)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If our office pool, we only did the top 9 categories, but I only got 5 (and wound up splitting the pot with my officemate out of 6 other people). On my extended ballot, I only got 12 of 24 right from the larger list.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Congrats to the winners. My picks blew as usual... Monsters, Inc for Animated Feature... what was I thinking... :D
Looking through the top ten, I see only one person got any points for the bonus question. I think we were all spoiled by last year's relatively speedy ceremonies. There were times I thought last night's show would never end. ;)
And thanks to Scott for setting this up!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Mark and I are rolling to Vegas next year to clean up. :)
"They're gonna give us the Rain Man suite." :D

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
You're absolutely right Seth. I ended up tied for 23rd place in Yahoo's composite rankings. Not too shabby. I nailed all the big categories but got dinged on some of the small ones (freaking Thoth!).

I do give credit to the threads here that have monitored the guilds and such. I wasn't the only one to pick Gosford Park to win Screenplay, but I was one of the few. And I think somewhere here it was pointed out that LOTR would probably win cinematography despite Deakins' string of wins. So give yourselves a pat on the back.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, paying attention is all it really takes, IMHO.

Ebert and a few others mentioned Gosford Park screenplay and it brought me on board too.

No Man's Land was obvious from Globes, yet I flipped at the last second. Same with Denzel.

The one that tricked me was when Crowe still got the SAG. That made me think that perhaps ABM would carry him past Denzel despite it being ridiculous to bet on a guy winning his 2nd in a row under serious competition.

That never happens. The only way you get back to back is if you are WAY out in front like Hanks was with Gump.

Of course as soon as I heard the roar of applause for Denzel when he was mentioned at the beginning of the show I knew my pick of Crowe was wrong.

I also had a feeling about Newman, but just figured that despite a weak field they still would pass on him since his song was rather bland.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations to cinematic wunderkind Mark Pfeiffer for dominating the Oscar Pool! I usually do a bit better than I did this year, but this year had some real surprises. (To me, anyway.)
Thanks to everyone who participated. Our victor has asked that we all refer to him as "The Great & Powerful Schnoz" until we crown a new winner next March!
...and I still say that McKellen and Memento wuz wobbed. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks