What's new

Comcast updates their digital guide... (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Well, Comcast did some revamping of their TV guide and they now have an ugly ad at the bottom of every screen. It shortens the list (by one station) and is annoying!

I voiced my concern with Comcast in an email and said that I would like the ad removed since I pay almost $100 a month and shouldn't be bombarded with advertisements. Here is the typical "Tough Shit" reply I got from them:I love how these companies have this "Don't Let The Door Hit You On the Ass" attitude. Rather than trying to please you, they'd rather give you the "If you don't like it, then either suck it up or leave." attitude.

Ok, Rant over.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I dropped Comcast about 3 months because, to put it simply, they sucked. For digital cable/high speed internet, after my 17 month trial period (?) they raised my rate to about $145 a month. No way that will fly. So I call to cancel. They offer me packages that are still $20-30 higher than the compeition, so of course I refuse and stop service.

I now get a call at least once a month wanting to know why I left and what can they do to get me back. I tell them "your channel offerings were terrible, your price is ridiculous, and I will never return." 30 days later, get to repeat the conversation again.

Today I pay $112 for digital TV, high speed internet and includes monthly phone service. Best comcast would offer was expanded basic (no digital) and the slowest internet offering for $128 and my monthly phone was not available via comcast in my area, so I'd still be paying $62 a month in that.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
We had people incorrectly install sat. dishes wihtout association permission, so our condo complex won't allow them anymore. Not that I'd want that, but Comcast knows I'm stuck with them, so that's why they have that attitude.

It does suck. I know the only way would be for me to leave, but I'd do it if I knew it would make a difference. It's clear that Comcast doesn't care wether I'm a customer or not. Ugh!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's in the bylaws. The problem actually had to do with the fact that they are new and the builder told people they could put them up (before the assoc. took over) and people were installing them when the assoc. took over.

Basically the assoc. would have allowed it, but they wanted to be specific where they could be placed. People had them installed all over (mainly on the roof) and it looks awful! Plus, the assoc. was upset with those who had them installed on the roof because they didn't want to be liable (years down the road) if the installation caused leaking.

Anyways, they will probably allow them if you ask and if you put it in a specific spot, but the whole sat. deal has been soured by those who jumped the gun, so it's best to avoid it.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Hmm. When Comcast updated our guide we, too, had ads, but they disappeared after a day or so and haven't been back. I don't know if people complained or they decided on their own it was a bad idea. So maybe there's hope yet.

No offense, Mark, but I really doubt Comcast knows you're stuck with them. It's not like they keep up to date with the various association rules. :) It's more likely robotic form responses. Call support and speak to a manager, or write a formal letter. They might not do anything immediately, but if enough people are complaining they might change it.

-paul

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I have had terrible service from Comcast. I agree their prices are high also. I pay around $150 a month for high speed and cable TV service. Verizon will offer cable TV service starting in January and I will definitely be looking into this and their FIOS service. I can't wait.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I originally got the robotic response (i.e. thanks for your email, someone will be contacting you within 24 hours) and the next email did have a name attached - of course, that still doesn't rule out a robotic response to appear to be personal...

I'll give it a little bit to see if it goes away, then I'll go higher in the chain of command.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mark: I feel your pain. Keep up the fight. It may seem hopeless, but giving up is even more...hopeless. :D

Don't let the turkeys get you down.

I guess I would call the number they provided and let them know about your dissatisfaction and make sure they are going to pass along your concerns to the people who should know. Repeat your claim that if they don't plan on removing the ads you are serious about ending your contract with them.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That's not a bad rate. TW here in Rochester is $45 for cable modem and $8 for basic cable, or $53 / month for the service.

I had $35 / mo for cable modem for the past two years; I need to call them and see if they will revert me back to my special rates.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's not a bad rate only because every market is a monopoly. Whether you have Cox, Comcast, or TW really just means a different logo on the same situation.
The only think that has saved me is that I've moved alot so I get the introductory rate for the first six months of every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks