What's new

Comcast to announce DC Metro HDTV... (1 Viewer)

George Fogel

Agent
Does anyone know if the HDTV signal will be decodable by the already-out-there converter boxes?

I have the RCA 100 (forgot its exact model, it was the first more-or-less reasonably priced one on the market last year) and would hope that I could continue to use it...and I'm already a subscriber to the regular service.

Robert Cranwell

Stunt Coordinator
There will be two choices depending on your system.

Scientific Atlanta stand-alone converter

Motorola side-car HDD-200 to go with the DCT Digital boxes

The signal will be a 256qam everywhere so the OTA decoders for 8-VSB will not work. But you could always buy your own HDD-200 side car if you system is using that gear.

Rob

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
:angry:
I live in DC and I want it NOW. Okay...it is great news that they are going to carry HDTV. I'm looking forward to it--but it looks like I may have to wait another year.

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
No need to wait for HD in DC. The OTA stuff is great. If our cheap-ass ABC affiliate would start broadcasting in HD, too, we'd be all set.

-Erik

George Fogel

Agent
Robert: Thanks for the response; I take it that the Motorola HD-220 somehow attaches to the RCA 100 to decode the cable's HDTV signal?

Chris: I agree.

Erik: Definitely...

Now....if only we could get the Washington Post to carry programming info for Digital TV stations.

Robert Cranwell

Stunt Coordinator
Robert: Thanks for the response; I take it that the Motorola HD-220 somehow attaches to the RCA 100 to decode the cable's HDTV signal? Sorry, but the HDD-200 only works with the Motorola DCT-Digital box or with the 4DTV on C-Ku Band satellite.

RCA DTC only works with Directv and OTA.

Rob.........

Steven_ R

Agent
To all the members of this board from my former hometown of DC (well, actually Montgomery County) - we have Comcast HDTV in Baltimore NOW - so far so good. You need to call Comcast and push them to hook you up. On my first call I was told they were still testing it with employees only. I pushed hard and was transfered to a "special HDTV" department and they agreed to give me the new box.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks