Comcast to announce DC Metro HDTV...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Carroll, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Chris Carroll

Chris Carroll Auditioning

2. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Unfortunatly, it doesn't affect me since I have Cox...

Jason

3. Robert Cranwell

Robert Cranwell Stunt Coordinator

4. George Fogel

George Fogel Agent

Does anyone know if the HDTV signal will be decodable by the already-out-there converter boxes?

I have the RCA 100 (forgot its exact model, it was the first more-or-less reasonably priced one on the market last year) and would hope that I could continue to use it...and I'm already a subscriber to the regular service.

5. Robert Cranwell

There will be two choices depending on your system.

Scientific Atlanta stand-alone converter

Motorola side-car HDD-200 to go with the DCT Digital boxes

The signal will be a 256qam everywhere so the OTA decoders for 8-VSB will not work. But you could always buy your own HDD-200 side car if you system is using that gear.

Rob

6. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

[​IMG]
    I live in DC and I want it NOW. Okay...it is great news that they are going to carry HDTV. I'm looking forward to it--but it looks like I may have to wait another year.

7. Erik_C

Erik_C Stunt Coordinator

No need to wait for HD in DC. The OTA stuff is great. If our cheap-ass ABC affiliate would start broadcasting in HD, too, we'd be all set.

-Erik

8. George Fogel

George Fogel Agent

Robert: Thanks for the response; I take it that the Motorola HD-220 somehow attaches to the RCA 100 to decode the cable's HDTV signal?

Chris: I agree.

Erik: Definitely...

Now....if only we could get the Washington Post to carry programming info for Digital TV stations.

9. Robert Cranwell

Robert: Thanks for the response; I take it that the Motorola HD-220 somehow attaches to the RCA 100 to decode the cable's HDTV signal? Sorry, but the HDD-200 only works with the Motorola DCT-Digital box or with the 4DTV on C-Ku Band satellite.

RCA DTC only works with Directv and OTA.

Rob.........

10. Steven_ R

Steven_ R Agent

To all the members of this board from my former hometown of DC (well, actually Montgomery County) - we have Comcast HDTV in Baltimore NOW - so far so good. You need to call Comcast and push them to hook you up. On my first call I was told they were still testing it with employees only. I pushed hard and was transfered to a "special HDTV" department and they agreed to give me the new box.

Good luck.