What's new

Comcast PVR and Integra DTR-7 (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all,
I recently acquired the Comcast 2-tuner DVR box with associated remote control. The only components I have left in my rack are the Integra DTR-7 receiver and DVD player. I would like to use the Comcast remote to control everything but the DVD player (there are only 3 devices on the comcast remote. For ease of use for the other people in the house, I need one remote for normal TV watching. When I watch a movie, I can use the integra remote to control DVD player and receiver. I need the comcast remote to control volume and power on the receiver. The volume portion is working fine. Yet the power is not. The comast remote has a single button for power on/power off. The integra has an on button, and a off button.

The comcast remote will turn the receiver on, but not turn it off. I believe this is becuse of the discrete codes that integra uses for on and off. Is there a way to force the comcast remote to do this or to force the receiver to accept the signal from the comcast remote?

Sorry to ramble, if I have left out pertinent details please inform me and I will clarify. If this the wrong forum to post, please move.
Thanks, Kev

Gordon*K

Auditioning
Kevin,
sounds like a universal remote is what you need. It's quite common to not be able to get all the functionality you need from one remote, and discreet power codes are a good example. Some of the universals can be quite inxpensive, and give you everything you need, including macros.
To answer your question, it MAY be possible to program comcasts remote, using JP1 (direct connect to PC) technology, but there isn't any support for doing it. These remotes can do it.
hifi-remote dot com
here's another good site:
remotecentral dot com
OOPS, cant post links yet! Just fill in the appropriate http

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Gordon, thanks for the reply. I was not familar with hifiremote.com but I read remotecentral quite regulary but I didn't post this there. I may investigate the JP1 aspect of the Comcast remote. The remote for the Integra is a universal remote (it can programmed button by button to control 8 devices). There are so many quick link buttons on the comcast remote, that I would have a tough time remembering the what the button does because of the generic labels on the integra remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks