What's new

Comcast On Demand active in my area (1 Viewer)

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I just needed to say that this is pretty cool. I won't watch movies on it since they're most likely going to be butchered pan-and-scan versions, but they're offering a lot of "cable favorites" programming for free. I just watched three episodes of "Ground Force" followed by three of the six available episodes of "Monty Python" for free.

They still have some bugs to work out and it's annoying to have to sit through 3 minutes of advertising for that channel, but for TV shows that I like to watch, I'm really digging this. Although, it's really odd that they are offering shows for channels that aren't even being offered in my area. (Go figure.)

For movies, I'd rather rent the DVD, but for catching TV shows that I like, this is pretty cool. I hope that they can continue to expand it and at least start to offer movies in OAR.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I just looked into this last night and it's pretty cool! There were even listings for WS movies...of course they were letterboxed, but that's better than FF. And 5.1 audio to boot.

I definitely have been having fun watching the music videos and reruns of the HBO series.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks