What's new

Comcast now offers HDTV! (1 Viewer)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
This just in, Comcast will start offering HDTV channels tomorrow (thursday Nov 1) with its Digital Cable service.
The channels they will carry will be ABC, NBC, CBS, HBO-H, and SHO-H
I actually found these by accident flicking, i just came across ABC-D as its listed in the channle lineup with digital and I immediatly went to their website. No information, so I checked the Press release section and it was announced the 29th.
You can rent their HD decoder box for an additional (of course) 10.95/month, or buy one. But the channels are included with their Digital Service.
I personally am just gonna wait until after the holidays and get DirectTV instead. Its just cheaper with more channels etc.
------------------
- Jason
My DVD Collection | My Home Theater
"what ya got here is two people dragging a third..."

Eric Finn

Auditioning
Jason,
While technically Comcast will be offering it as of today, its varies widely as to whether or not it will be available in your area. I just called my local office today and was told it was only actually available in Philly and maybe Willow Grove. (Original Comcast area) I'm moving this weekend to Upper Gwynedd and that cable system said HDTV won't be available until 3rd quarter of 2002.
frown.gif
They used to be Suburban Cable I think and were bought by Comcast. So if your area used to be served by anyone other than Comcast, chances are you won't be getting it quite so soon. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Eric
[Edited last by Eric Finn on November 01, 2001 at 04:10 PM]

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
actually im in the willow grove area I think. The office is like a stones throw from my house. And as I was flicking, I came across the HD Channels..but they were just black.(for obvious reasons)
i called today, and they said that they have no information yet, but will have info within the next few days.
well see.....
------------------
- Jason
My DVD Collection | My Home Theater
"what ya got here is two people dragging a third..."

Nick_P

Auditioning
According to the folks over at the AVS Forum, Comcast has delayed roll out until 11/7. Possibly equipment availability issues. See www.avsforum.com for details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks