What's new

comcast hdtv help needed (1 Viewer)

sean f

Agent
I just finished hooking up a Panasonic 34" HDTV (CT34WX54) to a comcast hd cable box I used component video cables for the hd and also used 75ohm coax for the regular channels. The picture for both inputs is great but my question is; when using the coax connection the guide for the cable channels does not display, it only works using the component connection. Comcast support said the tv was not able to display the guide because of the size and there needs to be an adjustment in the tv settings, Is this correct? This is an issue as the regular channel picture quality is not good using component connection. Please help!

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
im not sure but on the hd boxes the guide will not come up through coaxial. Im pretty sure only component, dvi, svideo, or rca. Not 100%. Why dont you just have everything go through component. You can tell the box to override sd to 480i or 480p. On my tv the 480i looks better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks