Comcast HDTV experience

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Parisis, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Parisis

Parisis Agent

Just had the Motorola 6200 box installed yesterday. It was a good experience. the installer worked with me and went into the menu to make sure all settings were correct. I was also amazed at the array of cables he gave me. He also gave me the extra splitter I needed to accomadate my other rooms.(Standard cable). I was able to hookup my dvd recorder both to standard cable for easy timeshifting but I also was able to take the Svideo and split sound (They supply the splitter) out of the 6200 to also feed the digital signal to the samsung 4000. Overall the setup works great. I am able to watch HighDef. (My Sixers one again without Iverson!. My wife said at one point, why does the floor look so different, you can see the nails or something?... That my dear is what the extra $20 a month was for.) I can also timeshift both digital and standard cable to my DVD recorder. One extra plus for now. I am receiving all the premium channels although I did not order them. I can for instance access HBOHD and SHOHD but cannot access HBO on demand. I am having guilt pangs. Did I read somewhere that this box can not currently be blocked? Thanks

2. Jon Mahoney

Jon Mahoney Stunt Coordinator

Sounds like they didn't program the box right. When you get one of those boxes installed, all the channels are working, including PPV. It's only when they program the box from their end that all those channels are turned off. Sounds like they messed up. Don't have guilt over it, it's not your fault.

3. Steve_L_B

Steve_L_B Stunt Coordinator

We've had Comcast HD for about 9 months now and it initially included SHO-HD and HBO-HD as part of promotional period. They did eventually (after 5-6 months) block them, so there's no neeed for guilt.

-Steve