comcast HDTV (cable)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonKrol, Jul 1, 2002.

1. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

Aug 19, 2001
    I dont know if anyone already posted this, so sorry for the repeat, but I recently called Comcast Cable to inquire about their HDTV, and this is what I got:

-29.95 install fee (and the guy must install the box)
    -10.95 / month in addition to Digital cable (HD only comes to those that already subscribe to Digital Cable)
    -at this time, requires an additional box that sits on top of the existing digi cable box
    -at this time you can purchase the box for 300.00 to circumvent the 10.xx/mo extra charge (but whats the point?)
    -currently they only have ABC and NBC, and HBO and SHO
    -they "are planning" to have almost 22 channels in HD by the end of this year (yeah..ill believe that when I see it)
    -they are also "planning" a digital cable/hd all in 1 box

If anyone else has any additional information on this, I would be very interested.

2. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

Jun 30, 1997
    Jason - Comcast gave you far more info than I've been able to get. They announced HD-cable for the Detroit market early this year. When I moved in April, I called to inquire about it. Nobody knew a thing about it. Neither the service reps nor the supervisors could answer a single question. No roll-out dates, channels, required equipment, etc.

Hopefully someone will know something about it soon!