comcast hdtv and dvr

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Matt Weldy, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

I just talked to comcast today and they told me it would be available in Indianapolis march 1st. They also told me that it is not an integrated unit. That the dvr is a stand alone unit. And it is not the one that motorola advertises on there website. However he told me that it will record hd. If anybody has this in another market and could shed some light on the subject that would be great!

2. Cindy V

Cindy V Agent

I also have comcast in Illinois and was wondering when a dvr built unit would be available from them and what features it would include. I heard someone out WEST has one already.

3. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

Talked to them again since its march first and guess what they still dont know. Par for the course for crapcast (typo)

4. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

talked to them again today and now i find out again that it is one unit. And now if we see it by the end of march "you'll be lucky" so sometime in april.

5. Chester II

Chester II Stunt Coordinator

Dudes,

I bailed on Bombcast and went to DishNetwork for a number of reasons....and this sounds like one of them...

Good luck dudes,

Chester

6. Jon Mahoney

Jon Mahoney Stunt Coordinator

I'm on the phone with them now. They said its going to be launced in Boston in April. It's going to be $9.99 a month. The lady on the phone said they have to go get training soon so it's really coming this time.

I'll believe it when I see it.