What's new

Comcast HD Box (Motorola) (1 Viewer)

CRyan

Screenwriter
What exactly is this box doing with HD? I realy enjoyed Dish and the control it allowed.

However, it looks as though I have no control with this box. What does it do with 720P? Upconvert to 1080? I have no idea, since I cannot find any settings in the menu system.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I know with the Dish box, I was able to choose to upconvert all signals etc.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
If your box is the Motorola 5100, you can access the menu for upconversion, output and 4:3 override by turning the box off and hitting "menu" on the front of the box. You then can set the output ro 1080i (usually the default) and 4:3 override to 480i or 480p (allows regular non-HD channels to be output at 480i/p). There are other settings in this menu, but these are the basics.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Depends on how good the source is and how good your interlacer is. My standard cable is pretty much crap and I did not notice much of a difference. Try it and see, your mileage may vary.

CRyan

Screenwriter
Thanks for the help.

All I know is when my contract is up with cable, I am going back to Dish. Comcast HD simply does not compare and NO HD PPV. UGH!

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks