Comcast (Delaware) HDTV Report

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Parisis, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Parisis

Parisis Agent

I had Comcast HDTV installed @3 weeks ago and have a few observations. First , when it is a true Hi Def 1080 signal the picture is breath taking. The INHD channels and the NCAA tournament are examples of this. Comcast sports also does a good job on Sixers and Flyers. A lot of what yyou get appears to my eyes to be 720i and some is also in 4x3 format. It's worth the money but more 1080 programing is needed before it is more than something for a gadget freak like me.
    Also to keep costs down I don't purchase HBO or other premium channells. This renders "On Demand: as a joke for Movie lovers. For about a week there were some "free" Encore on demand movies but they went away with no explanation. On demand is now a bunch of old comedy Central shows and Fix it programs, unless you want to pay.

As a Philadelphia Sports junkie, I continue to be held captive by this greedy company now paying @$74 for a digital package with HDTV and no premium channels. Take care

2. Tod Golden

Tod Golden Stunt Coordinator

Here in MN you can get a package called Take 3. Digital + package, internet and digital phone for $101.00 per month. Throw in $5.00 more a month and you get HD.

3. Alan Wise

Alan Wise Stunt Coordinator

Parisis,
    I live in Notheasterm Massachusetts and have the Comcast Patinum Plus package, and with HDTV my bill runs about $97.00 per month. We watch a lot of movies so the free "On Demand" feature for HBO, SHO, CMAX, STARZ, and TMC movies is great for us. I find this to be cheaper than all the money we were spending at BlockBuster.

Regards, Al.