Comcast broadband cable wont stay connected...

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Kyle McKnight, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Man...all afternoon, after a short period of time, my comcast ineternet will stop working, and I have to unplug my linkysys 4port switch and plug it back in for it to work. Any ideas as to what may be going on?

2. SteveCop

SteveCop Agent

Kyle,
    I'm in Dallas and I haven't noticed any problems today with my Comcast connection.

3. Kyle McKnight

Hopefully it's just something going on for today. It seems to have stayed connected for the past hour while I watched my encoded copy of The OC. I hope it stays put...

4. Rob Landolfi

Rob Landolfi Stunt Coordinator

Kyle,

Have you called tech support to check on outages/problems in your area? In northern VA, we had service disruptions with Comcast nearly every day from 10 July through the first week in August, and I understood because of the storms we had. I ended up going in and swapping modems when tech support repeatedly told they couldn't get a signal from my modem, and I've been monitoring ever since.

I'm running a Netgear router, but took it down to just a straight modem to computer connection until they got everything worked out. Prior to this, it was two-plus years of hassle-free service. Good luck. It's amazing how dependent we get on the internet.

5. Larry Fletcher

Larry Fletcher Stunt Coordinator

just saw this. I have the same problem. It is the router. Do you get the "red diag light of death also" . I called linksys a while ago and they said to send it back to them. I didn't feel likewaiting. Mine only happens during t-storms. I do have a surge protector though.

6. Kyle McKnight

I haven't had a problem since the day I originally posted this. All lights on the router were normal, as were the cable modem. It just wouldn't stay connected.