COMCAST and HDTV box

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Brad_c_g, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Brad_c_g

Brad_c_g Agent

couldn't decide which section to post this in so I hope this will be the right one.

Anyone have Comcast and there HDTV box? What is the connection? HDMI or DVI? I can't find the specs on their website. I am going to be running a projector AE900 or HD72. The AE900 doesn't support DVI so if the box only does DVI will component be suffecient enough?

2. Rich Allen

Rich Allen Second Unit

Rich Allen
    The one I've got has an HDMI connection, it is made by PACE.

3. craig_curtis

craig_curtis Stunt Coordinator

Craig
    hmm. I have one from Comcast, and its a motorola box. Just got it 2 weeks ago too. The connection on it is component. Don't know why it doesn't have HDMI, but it doesn't... But for audio it has both optical and digi-coax

4. Peter f

Peter f Stunt Coordinator

Ask your local comcast office which brand and model box you will be getting, from there you should be able to search for the outputs it has.

Here in NH, I have the Motorolla 3412 HD-DVR and it has HDMI and Component out

5. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

The Comcast box I have for my area is the Motorola 6412 Series III with HDMI out, and I use a HDMI > DVI cable.

I was a die-hard TiVo user and the box lacks some tivo refinements, but it's actually a pretty good HD DVR. Plus, you can't beat the price. [​IMG]
    Call up Comcast and ask what model is the DVR for your area.